donald love...

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’d give Jeff Whitley the worst player I’ve seen accolade, that penalty against palace haunts me still.

Loves poor but he isn’t as bad as he’s being made out here.

Players change too, look at nosworthy. He was f***ing woeful. Went from kicking a ball out for a corner from the half way line and trying to pick a ball up to take a throw when it’s still in play to a brilliant centre half.

Owt could happen, Ross could turn love in to a solid right back through hard work and coaching............or he will leave when his contract is up.
Don’t get you. To pick a player that was a mainstay in a team that won the league is a strange choice. Whitley was poor but the fact he won a championship medal and deservedly so makes your thoughts bizzare and saying he is the worst player you have ever seen. When did you start watching us?

Don’t get you. To pick a player that was a mainstay in a team that won the league is a strange choice. Whitley was poor but the fact he won a championship medal and deservedly so makes your thoughts bizzare and saying he is the worst player you have ever seen. When did you start watching us?

He was a poor footballer the fact he won a league winners medal doesn’t mean much at all, doesn’t make him a good footballer. Started around 96/97 when I was like 8. I just thought he was really shit and that penalty against palace in the semi final was f***ing dreadful. He sat the keeper down then still kicked the ball straight at him, brainless.

Whitley doesn't even make the top 10 of shite. We have suffered an unending parade of footballing fuckwits pulling on the shirt, for decades. Literally, in the last couple of seasons, alone, Camp, Steele, Ruiter, Djilobodji, Galloway, Clark-Salter, Lualua and Fletcher all eclipse Whitley, when it comes to crapness. Even this season, Loovens and Ozturk look less able than Whitley.

He's not even the worst right back. Gareth Hall took some beating, as did Billy Jones but Mark Lynch is the worst professional footballer I have ever seen
Aye, Gareth Hall brings back some bad memories. Well and truly the runt of the litter in that team. Chris Makin was a hard act to follow, like!

Whitley was terrible to be honest, championship winner or not.

He was a poor footballer the fact he won a league winners medal doesn’t mean much at all, doesn’t make him a good footballer. Started around 96/97 when I was like 8. I just thought he was really shit and that penalty against palace in the semi final was f***ing dreadful. He sat the keeper down then still kicked the ball straight at him, brainless.
That penalty was horrific mind. In terms of worst ever players, the three goalkeepers last season could probably make the all time top 3. Your lucky you missed the early 90,s mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back