Doing 42mph in a 30mph zone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been caught on Mother's Day doing 42mph in a 30 zone on Ferryboat Lane in the wife's car.

Is there anyway this could be a speed awareness course to avoid points?

Would it be 3 or 6 points and a fine?

How much is the fine?

Cheers road racers!
Bury your licence Gaz lad and deny will knowledge

Obviously doesn't give a fuck about pedestrians. If they go over the top of his car whilst he's speeding, then thats their fault.
He'll be more bothered about the damage to his car, than some poor sod mashed into the road
If they wre daft enough to walk into the road without looking, it’s their own fault.

& constant speeding is the first identifier of a shit driver.
Absolute bollocks that like. Racing drivers drive really fast and are better drivers than anyone on here.

And what about jobs where speeding is almost a requirement if you’re going to be competitive? Delivering things for one.
Are you suggesting that people who drive tens of thousands of miles a year in safety but who speed a bit are shit drivers?

Last edited:
Because they are designed to ever increasingly wring the joy out of driving.
That happened a while back for me.

I used to love driving and regularly clocked between 20-30000 miles a year. Now I take the train whenever possible or my wife drives. She loves cars and driving, I just fell out of love with it and now struggle to click over 2-3000 miles a year.

You need points and a speed awareness course - 30% above the limit.

I honestly believe that the course should be part of learning to drive - I had one and changed the way I drive, I now see people fly past me and then see them again at the next traffic lights.

Ah, mine was 65 in a 50 (on the bloody motorway).
I got caught last time doing 62 going up Houghton Cut and went to a course around over 3 years ago.

On the course they said "if you hit someone doing 30 they have an 80% chance of survival, but if you hit them at 40 it's only a 20% chance. I asked if I had only been doing 50mph in my Ford Ranger instead of 62 would it have helped if I'd ran someone over :lol:.

If they wre daft enough to walk into the road without looking, it’s their own fault.

Absolute bollocks that like. Racing drivers drive really fast and are better drivers than anyone on here.

And what about jobs where speeding is almost a requirement if you’re going to be competitive? Delivering things for one.
Are you suggesting that people who drive tens of thousands of miles a year in safety but who speed a bit are shit drivers?
No, it'll be your fault for speeding. The limits are low, because its in a built up area.
What if a bairn runs out into the road, would you be able to stop in time if you were going much faster than the limit?

Stop being such an idiot on the road.

How have I gone over 40 years with nil points and all parking tickets annulled? Seriously some people are just unlucky, others are plain stupid.

What it they see the beard?

I've managed 25 years without any points alhough that's more down to pure luck than keeping below the limits. I did get pulled once going way faster than anyone has mentioned on here (as a %) over the limit but I just got an absolute bollocking off the officer when I pulled over (he didn't have his equipment turned on at the time).
I only really go over the limit on open roads and avoid doing it in built up areas/conditions which maybe why I don't get caught. I do feel people who go 40mph along A and B roads out of town then continue at 40 in 30 zones in villages and towns deserve the points as you're more likely to hit and kill pedestrians than doing 30 in town and then 70 or so out of town on motorways and B roads.

Herbal's internet bravado at it's finest. Doubt you'd be saying that if one of your kids were mowed down by someone doing over 40 in a 30 zone :rolleyes:.

Fancy putting forward white van man as a shining example of good driving :eek::oops:

Have you seen some of the stunts so called professional drivers pull on the roads just to get somewhere "competitively"?

No, it'll be your fault for speeding. The limits are low, because its in a built up area.
What if a bairn runs out into the road, would you be able to stop in time if you were going much faster than the limit?

Stop being such an idiot on the road.
I drive at a speed appropriate to the location and conditions, not one decided by a bureaucrat somewhere. 60 down sea road on a Saturday morning? No.
60 down Newcastle road at midnight? Absolutely.

Herbal's internet bravado at it's finest. Doubt you'd be saying that if one of your kids were mowed down by someone doing over 40 in a 30 zone :rolleyes:.

Fancy putting forward white van man as a shining example of good driving :eek::oops:

Have you seen some of the stunts so called professional drivers pull on the roads just to get somewhere "competitively"?
It would be my kids fault for running into the road then.

I’m merely pointing out that speed limits are unworkable for some jobs. They shouldn’t be, but that’s the pressure of being competitive commercially. I’ve delivered takeaways and you wouldn’t last one night if you stuck to the limits.

Don't care whether you were driving a bus or truck either

Idiot
:lol:

Look at Shields Road past the Academy.
That’s as good a 60 as you’re ever likely to find, yet there was one fatal crash at the moor lane junction once and they made it a 40 in response. One person’s bad decision once in 20 years and everyone else has to suffer.

Last edited:

I’m merely pointing out that speed limits are unworkable for some jobs. They shouldn’t be, but that’s the pressure of being competitive commercially. I’ve delivered takeaways and you wouldn’t last one night if you stuck to the limits.

Look at Shields Road past the Academy.
That’s as good a 60 as you’re ever likely to find, yet there was one fatal crash at the moor lane junction once and they made it a 40 in response. One person’s bad decision once in 20 years and everyone else has to suffer.

Thick fooking idiot

Deary me man Dave. The limits are there so that even if your kids did stupidly or accidentally step into the road, there are still things we can do as a society to help to protect them.

These beaurocrats you rail against have probably been at enough RTA scenes to make judgments to try to reduce the carnage.

If that means my chicken tikka masala needs a quick blast in the microwave, it seems like a hardship worth suffering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back