does R.E still get forced upon (teached) to children

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is true in a small number of countries like the UK.....Strangely the vast majority of the world are still strongly religious which I find bizarre.....Listening to Americans praising God at every opportunity makes me cringe.

Agreed.
The Pledge. God on their money etc... Mad as tits

She must have been a shit teacher if a student made her cry mind

Oh I don't know, some little shit bag pushing your buttons when there could be awful things going on in your personal life could tip anybody over the edge.

Kid is proud of himself for making the teacher cry, in reality the teacher came into work the day after her dad died and on that day simply couldnt deal with the horrible little shit trying to disrupt her lesson when she had made a huge personal sacrifice to try and ensure he got an education

Oh I don't know, some little shit bag pushing your buttons when there could be awful things going on in your personal life could tip anybody over the edge.

Kid is proud of himself for making the teacher cry, in reality the teacher came into work the day after her dad died and on that day simply couldnt deal with the horrible little shit trying to disrupt her lesson when she had made a huge personal sacrifice to try and ensure he got an education

True

at school.

I don't want either of mine partaking in that shite, I know they don't have assembly anymore where you have to sing Hymns and say the Lords prayer (fucksake).

Alluah Akbar
Given what is happening in the world supposedly in the name of religion I would suggest that RE is one of the more important subjects - no school just teaches 'their' religion but a range. It is vital all our children understand what religions are saying.

Given what is happening in the world supposedly in the name of religion I would suggest that RE is one of the more important subjects - no school just teaches 'their' religion but a range. It is vital all our children understand what religions are saying.

My experience is that most RE teachers dont have their own religion. Catholic schools do very much push religion from their point of view but still teach other religions too.

Or insisting on going to work the day after your dad dies to foist mumbo jumbo on young minds and collapsing in tears because of one kid with a sceptical enquiring mind and challenging tone of voice.

Last edited:
Or insisting on going to work the day after your dad dies to foist mumbo jumbo on young minds and collapsing in tears because of one kid with a sceptical enquiring mind and challenging tone,

If you believe religion is "forced upon" children you have literally no idea what happens in schools......Religion is taught like history in modern schools

"This is what happened, this is the evidence to support or contradict it, evaluate and criticise the evidence then come up with your own conclusion"

Anybody who is offended by RE being taught in schools is simply desperate to be offended. Your argument is as absurd as saying teaching about the holocaust in history is forcing fascism on young people and could see them being radicalised by the far right.

Or insisting on going to work the day after your dad dies to foist mumbo jumbo on young minds and collapsing in tears because of one kid with a sceptical enquiring mind and challenging tone of voice.
Or being pressured by the school to come in due to lack of teaching staff after years of cutbacks. Then having one child repeatedly ask questions irrelevant to what you are trying to teach, and 25 other teenagers laughing as they know that they're doing it to illicit a reaction

Religion is a big aspect of the world we live in. I think it’s important that children are taught about all the religions and alternative viewpoints that are out there. As long as they point out at the end that the Catholics are right. We don’t want to make God angry. He might cancel our Easter eggs.

Or being pressured by the school to come in due to lack of teaching staff after years of cutbacks. Then having one child repeatedly ask questions irrelevant to what you are trying to teach, and 25 other teenagers laughing as they know that they're doing it to illicit a reaction

This also ;)

at school.

I don't want either of mine partaking in that shite, I know they don't have assembly anymore where you have to sing Hymns and say the Lords prayer (fucksake).

Alluah Akbar
Its still the law that all schools must practice one act of worship daily. Bonkers.

Nothing to do with RE Lessons, which are fine by me as its an important part of culture etc (although why home finances aren't taught too is beyond me, as its far more important.

A "Life Skills" course would be far more effective and would replace the above.

Last edited:
Its still the law that all schools must practice one act of worship daily.

Bonkers.

In reality this does not happen in most schools and has not for about 20 years, certainly in secondary. It still happens in Catholic schools according to my kids though.

Its still the law that all schools must practice one act of worship daily.

Bonkers.

That is indeed absolutely bonkers. I hope it's bollocks. I have no problem with schools having a morning assembly etc but it doesn't have to involve religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back