does R.E still get forced upon (teached) to children

When I did it, it was R.M.P.S. - religious, moral and philosophical studies. Might be why I found it so interesting! I don't know if English schools do the same.
My school just did religions with a HUGE focus on the Christians. This was early nineties to be fair so might be different now.
I'll just tell mine not to trust a word that comes from anyone claiming to know what happens after we die, they are either delusional or lying, it's as simple as that imo

Yes it is true. Tell me one person who doesn’t believe in anything.
No, its not true.

"Everyone believes in something". Assuming you mean some form of supernatural power, then no, many people 100% do not.

I have no evidence to believe in any such thing, so I don't. I also don't believe in fairies, santa, luck, ghosts etc.
So no, "everyone" doesn't believe in something. Nobody at all does, until someone else tells them about something.

No, its not true.

"Everyone believes in something". Assuming you mean some form of supernatural power, then no, many people 100% do not.

I have no evidence to believe in any such thing, so I don't. I also don't believe in fairies, santa, luck, ghosts etc.
So no, "everyone" doesn't believe in something. Nobody at all does, until someone else tells them about something.
You know what they say about assuming! So yes it is true everyone believes in something.

Last edited:
That was your only get out tbh. Well done for cashing in.
Not I get out at all, just saying how it is. RE is more than believing in God, religion etc. It includes people’s views and beliefs on all kind morals and points of view. So as said everyone believes in something.

Not I get out at all, just saying how it is. RE is more than believing in God, religion etc. It includes people’s views and beliefs on all kind morals and points of view. So as said everyone believes in something.
I think you're stretching the point of the phrase "to believe in something", when really, the intention was clear.

I don't think for a second you meant that if I leave the bin out, I believe the bin men will eventually come.

I think you're stretching the point of the phrase "to believe in something", when really, the intention was clear.

I don't think for a second you meant that if I leave the bin out, I believe the bin men will eventually come.
The thing about RE, it encourages debate and people to think that not everyone believes the same thing. You believed I was only talking about supernatural things, I wasn’t.
As far as I’m aware kids don’t learn and discuss if the bins will be collected. However they do debate do you believe abortion is morally wrong and other topics.

Yeah in the comp we were made to do it up until year 9 then drop it if we didn't choose it for GCSE. Wasn't serious, most of the class would just take the mick

I got an E in English not my strong point at all thick as whale spunk when it comes to that shite, same with math....how I ever managed to get a HND in Visual C++ ill never know

its bollocks

It's not bollocks, it's indoctrination. When I'm in serious situations, despite my avowed agnosticism, I am tempted to pray to the god of my childhood.

Crazy how strong childhood indoctrination is.

It’s essential that people have knowledge of something before they dismiss it out of hand. It’s not as if RE is forcing kids to believe in God/Allah/Jah, it’s just teaching them about what millions of people believe and the reasoning behind it.

When I was a kid up to the age of 13, The Bible was presented to me as though it were the Absolute Truth. Prayers in assembly every weekday, scripture lessons every two days......................and this was a normal CofE school.

Last edited:

Back