does R.E still get forced upon (teached) to children

It’s essential that people have knowledge of something before they dismiss it out of hand. It’s not as if RE is forcing kids to believe in God/Allah/Jah, it’s just teaching them about what millions of people believe and the reasoning behind it.
I agree about teach about, but you have also to teach that is ok not to believe in anything.

Everyone believes in something.
That’s not true though, is it? Atheism is just the default position of not believing in any of the gods. Just the same as Christians don’t believe in Thor, Zeus or Athena. Just the same as Muslims don’t believe in the Hindu gods. The same as I don’t believe in hobbits and elves. I wish there wasn’t a word for it, it’s just the default position not a belief system. Like “not playing tennis” is not a sport.

That’s not true though, is it? Atheism is just the default position of not believing in any of the gods. Just the same as Christians don’t believe in Thor, Zeus or Athena. Just the same as Muslims don’t believe in the Hindu gods. The same as I don’t believe in hobbits and elves. I wish there wasn’t a word for it, it’s just the default position not a belief system. Like “not playing tennis” is not a sport.
You nicked that off me. I've been saying "If Atheism is a religion, then Not-skiing is a hobby" for years :lol:

Yes it is true. Tell me one person who doesn’t believe in anything.

You do know they don't teach anyone to BE religious? It's about creating awareness, knowledge and respect for others views. Which based on the state of the world and the ignorance of your children's parents they probably need teaching at school.

RE is more important than ever in the current world I would argue

I got an E in English not my strong point at all thick as whale spunk when it comes to that shite, same with math....how I ever managed to get a HND in Visual C++ ill never know

its bollocks

What grade did you get in RE that’s resulted in your conviction it’s bollocks?

Maybe your weren’t teached it right.

Back