Divinos Pizza Sunderland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've thought about my takeaway I had last night now and think the following:

45 minute late delivery was a piss take.
The chilli tomoto garlic bread was cold but still ok.
The calzone was canny tasty and decent size.
The bruschetta with Ham and rocket was a bit crap as was the limp mixed Italian meats salad.

Was enough bait for the pair of us and probably would try again but 1 hour 45 to deliver less than 2 miles was pisstake.

Sounds like they are biting off more than they can chew with the deliveries. Going onto just eat no doubt gets you loads of extra custom, but if you arent set up to deal with it its more trouble than its worth. They'll lose a load of custom f***ing people off taking two hours to deliver a pizza like.

I've thought about my takeaway I had last night now and think the following:

45 minute late delivery was a piss take.
The chilli tomoto garlic bread was cold but still ok.
The calzone was canny tasty and decent size.
The bruschetta with Ham and rocket was a bit crap as was the limp mixed Italian meats salad.

Was enough bait for the pair of us and probably would try again but 1 hour 45 to deliver less than 2 miles was pisstake.

Should have picked it up marra.

That looks shite mind. I hope it tastes better.

Advertising for more delivery drivers.
Sounds like they need it.

All the reviews are saying the food was great but most saying it took a long time. Shame but they will get to grips with it I'm sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I remember correctly and read it right, Divinos make pizzas in the Neapolitan style where it's all about the thin base and toppings are minimal. In which case anyone ordering a pizza to be delivered from there will need to expect a very different product from the quite greasy, cheesy, toppings-laden heavy pizzas supplied by most takeaways.

Am I right?

This is very much something to consider.

Having heard so many positive reviews of divinos from on here I decided to try one out and got a takeaway delivered. Don't get me wrong it wasn't awful but it tasted pretty bland to me, didn't have much in the way of toppings and the crust was horrible. Not much better than a pizza from a supermarkets frozen section as far as I was concerned.

Obviously we all have different tastes but from the way it has been built up on here I was expecting some sort of delicious taste sensation and was disappointed to end up with what was, in my opinion, a fairly bog standard thin pizza. All about opinions though, I tend to go for deep pan pizzas so as soon as I saw how thin it was I was thinking I probably wouldn't like it. I don't mind a really nice, tasty thin pizza though, divinos didn't really do it for me. Better than pizza hut and all that shite, worse than quite a few others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back