Disney have ruined STAR WARS

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's exactly what they were. Rey was just utter shit. And Johnson made Luke a cranky awld titsucker - quite literally. Finn was given far too much screen time for someone that turned out to be a nothing character - not to mention his chubby little Asian marra to fill the quota.
In fairness, Luke is seen drinking coloured milk in one of his very first scenes in ANH.

Eugh, defending Johnson !
I felt there was meant to be a storyline where he "discovered" he was force sensitive but it got ditched. There was real inconsistency across the three films with things like that and Rey's lineage. Palpatine being behind the whole thing was a terrible idea and undermined Anakin's redemption storyline

They weren't. Han Solo was a star in the first film, Luke was central to the second, Leia (less so for obvious reason) in the second and third. They should have been treated with one scene in a film or something, not the central characters they were. It just meant we rehashed old characters and - as you've said in your post - were introduced to new characters who then had nothing to do
Thing is, people wanted to see the old characters.

Ask people what the best part of the Mandalorian was, and 90% will say "the bit with Luke".

In fairness, Luke is seen drinking coloured milk in one of his very first scenes in ANH.

Ask people what the best part of the Mandalorian was, and 90% will say "the bit with Luke".
Yes, I agree with that. But that doesn't make it a good decision for the story to re-use them so heavily

The first one was OK, but it was just a rehash of the first ever Star wars, Rogue one was an excelent movie.

From there with "The Slow Chase Through Space," "Young Han Solo" and "Hopefully The Last We See of Ray" they have been absolutely terrible films.

That was class, but there were so many brilliant bits besides that. If anything, his reaction to "One X-Wing" and then his realisation of what that meant was probably better than Luke.

The bit where Ashoka and the other lass were duking it out and Mando and the other bloke are stood there like husbands waiting for their wives in changing rooms was funny - and that's just off the top of my head

Reactions: PTR
I felt there was meant to be a storyline where he "discovered" he was force sensitive but it got ditched. There was real inconsistency across the three films with things like that and Rey's lineage. Palpatine being behind the whole thing was a terrible idea and undermined Anakin's redemption storyline

They weren't. Han Solo was a star in the first film, Luke was central to the second, Leia (less so for obvious reason) in the second and third. They should have been treated with one scene in a film or something, not the central characters they were. It just meant we rehashed old characters and - as you've said in your post - were introduced to new characters who then had nothing to do
The only reason anybody ever wanted a sequel trilogy ever was to see more of Han, Chewie, Luke and Leia. Neeone's interested in some forgetful tart who quite frankly three films later we're still non-the wiser about, or a shoddy reluctant ex-Stormtrooper who spends three films shitting himself and trying to run away before inevitably doing the right thing.

Poe was alreet - he should have been more involved.

I've just remembered how crap Laura Dern was - the biggest pile of shite since she fisted triceratops droppings on Isla Nublar.

I read that is true. That's why he mentions something about having a feeling or something at one point.

That was class, but there were so many brilliant bits besides that. If anything, his reaction to "One X-Wing" and then his realisation of what that meant was probably better than Luke.

The bit where Ashoka and the other lass were duking it out and Mando and the other bloke are stood there like husbands waiting for their wives in changing rooms was funny - and that's just off the top of my head
There was a lot shit. A lot of the episodic content doesn't make sense. Shit-Clint Olyphant waddling about in Fett's 'armour' (a fuckin' helmet and a chestplate) 'cos he's the only sheriff in town. Why didn't Fett just gan n bray him? Ridiculous.

The butch wife was awful anarl.

Fett was always crap.
In Filoni and Favreau we trust
We dinnit like.
@chriswallace85 get yourself a few tins and watch The Mandalorian.

That's class
And it's cans.

Last edited:
The only reason anybody ever wanted a sequel trilogy ever was to see more of Han, Chewie, Luke and Leia. Neeone's interested in some forgetful tart who quite frankly three films later we're still non-the wiser about, or a shoddy reluctant ex-Stormtrooper who spends three films shitting himself and trying to run away before inevitably doing the right thing.

Poe was alreet - he should have been more involved.

I've just remembered how crap Laura Dern was - the biggest pile of shite since she fisted triceratops droppings on Isla Nublar.

The bairn enjoys the latest 3 - hes 6 - Disneys target age range for all the shit they pedal these days

Prequel trilogy is still garbage

Don't get me wrong, Mandalorian is class.
That's kinda my point, even when its class, the best bit is STILL seeing Luke turn up.
Fett was always crap.
I never got the clamour for that character.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, Mandalorian is class.
That's kinda my point, even when its class, the best bit is STILL seeing Luke turn up.

I never got the clamour for that character.

I disagree, but it was a great moment. Personally I lost my shit more when Boba Fett returned!

There was a lot shit. A lot of the episodic content doesn't make sense. Shit-Clint Olyphant waddling about in Fett's 'armour' (a fuckin' helmet and a chestplate) 'cos he's the only sheriff in town. Why didn't Fett just gan n bray him? Ridiculous.

The butch wife was awful anarl.

Fett was always crap.

We dinnit like.

And it's cans.

Aye we do man. Look at the results.

I thought you might like some soup.

That's not a bad question to be fair.

Speak for yourself. If that was your reasons for wanting a new trilogy you never deserved one
I suspect it's you that's speaking for yourself.

Why do the prequels exist? Anakin/Vader, Obi Wan, and the Emperor. Why do the sequels exist? Han, Luke and Leia.

Rogue One's anly so good 'cos of Vader.

Why do the prequels exist? Anakin/Vader, Obi Wan, and the Emperor. Why do the sequels exist? Han, Luke and Leia.

Hate to repeat myself. But Rogue is good because it tells a story. It adds to the SW world. It isn't just battles for the sake of them.

Yes I am speaking for myself

The prequels had a story to be told. Han, Luke & Leia's stories were wrapped up in episode VI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back