Disney have ruined STAR WARS

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's exactly the type of bullshit I was hoping to avoid :(

AKA "Doing a Terminator".
Nothing matters anymore, because you have no reason to suspect what you're watching will end up being the final version.
There's zero chance of Disney doing that.

Are they going to demolish galaxy's edge while they are on?

Reactions: PTR
There's zero chance of Disney doing that.

Are they going to demolish galaxy's edge while they are on?

From what I've heard, Galaxy's Edge is all based around the new Star Wars films- which is fair enough. Thing is though new Star Wars doesn't seem to sell as well as the old Star Wars (Rise of Skywalker was supposed to be the only Star Wars film not to have its own toy line) and the majority of new merchandise is all based on the six Lucas films. They won't demolish it (I think they cost something like $1billion each to build) but I can see them redesigning it to the originals or even the Mandalorian if it makes them more money.

As discussed above, the new films were pretty dismal and that hasn't helped move the story on from the originals. The Mandalorian was excellent though and it has to be giving Disney a headache about how bad they messed up the sequel trilogy.

It's "flopped" on opening. They might as well.
It really didn't mate. Who told you that?

It has been incredibly successful. I'm guessing you read some daft report of
about the California one. They purposefully controlled ticket sales so it wasn't too busy.

In the Florida version you had to book boarding passes just to enter the 'land'. I was there last year and had to turn up at 6am just to get on Rise of the Resistance, even then it wasn't guaranteed.

Last edited:
Dinnar to be honest. It's modelled after a 'new' planet not featured in any films and has the Falcon. Don't see how it would tie them into the sequel trilogy.

about the California one. They purposefully controlled ticket sales so it wasn't too busy.

In the Florida version you had to book boarding passes just to enter the 'land'. I was there last year and had to turn up at 6am just to get on Rise of the Resistance, even then it wasn't guaranteed.

It flopped mate. Neeone's interested.

Last edited:
Dinnar to be honest. It's modelled after a 'new' planet not featured in any films and has the Falcon. Don't see how it would tie them into the sequel trilogy

The timeline is firmly prequel trilogy. They don't even have the original star wars ride in the land as the timelines don't match.

You see Chewbacca and Finn and Ray walking around - you never see Darth.

Rise of the Resistance has Kylo and Finn in it playing on prominent roles.
It flopped mate. Neeone's interested.
It didn't. It was very very very successful and they're opening a fully themed hotel experience costing over a grand a night soon. I knew which article you would link to. Had they not controlled numbers then it would have been crazy.

Last edited:
The timeline is firmly prequel trilogy. They don't even have the original star wars ride in the land as the timelines don't match.

See, that is why it'll fail.

It didn't. It was very very very successful and they're opening a fully themed hotel experience costing over a grand a night soon.
It wasn't that successful. Ergo, flop city.

Nowt like chucking good money after bad.

Slap Star Wars on owt and it'll sell up to a point. But the franchise is built upon three classic films, with just over a handful of classic characters. To ignore them is asking for failure. It's like have Harry Potter World without the boy wizard.
It hasn't failed. It won't fail as it's fantastic and ROTR is the best ride ever, well most immersive at least, not the most thrilling.
You're only saying that cos you're one of the saps that's paid the money and been already. Ya kna fine well how disappointing it really is deep down. Like living The Last Jedi for a full day. How awful.
It hasn't failed. It won't fail as it's fantastic and ROTR is the best ride ever, well most immersive at least, not the most thrilling.
You're only saying that cos you're one of the saps that's paid the money and been already. Ya kna fine well how disappointing it really is deep down. Like living The Last Jedi for a full day. How awful.

Last edited:
It wasn't that successful. Ergo, flop city
Hugely successful, ergo huge hit.
To ignore them is asking for failure.
They don't ignore them. You can meet Darth Vader in the main park. You can join the Jedis to fight Vader if you're a kid too. There are Imperial marches, even Darth Maul turns up.
You're only saying that cos you're one of the saps that's paid the money and been already
I realise that I'm one of the lucky few, but that's not why I say this.

Last edited:
That article was Cali, "Disneyland", not Florida "DisneyWorld".

Pretty much what Andrew said tbf
Less tickets than Potter Town... not good enough.

I dint really care to be honest, I'm just winding him up. I doubt a Star Wars Park that was first dreamt up in 2010 would be overly reliant on a divisive sequel trilogy though.

Less tickets than Potter Town... not good enough.

I dint really care to be honest, I'm just winding him up. I doubt a Star Wars Park that was first dreamt up in 2010 would be overly reliant on a divisive sequel trilogy though.

😄
I doubt a Star Wars Park that was first dreamt up in 2010 would be overly reliant on a divisive sequel trilogy though.

I think the huge success of the first prequel film made their mind up. It's possible they could retheme the land, it wouldn't be the first time. I'm not sure casual fans even realise it's a prequel era land though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back