Digital Ticket system seeing a lot of tickets going to waste

Train tickets, boarding passes... All can be printed out at the airport/ station by the service providers and regularly are. We had physical match tickets and train tickets last week at Southampton. Had physical plane tickets last month as we checked in at the desk .

The point is, there is options for the consumer. That's all people are asking. Make it easier for people
It's not exactly hard. People just twisting because they don't like being told what to do

It's not exactly hard. People just twisting because they don't like being told what to do

to some people it may seem hard, to others it isn't.

but as a business SAFC should be making it as easy as humanly possible for fans to buy tickets and attend games. there are 10,000 empty seats every home game, they should be doing everything they can to fill those seats but they are in fact doing the opposite and putting hurdles in place at every opportunity.

yes, a lot of people will jump those hurdles and find their way to get into the ground, but there are 1000s of floating fans who will sack it off if its too inconvenient. its not a new concept, any business in any sector will try and make it as easy as possible for customers to buy their products. SAFC make it as difficult as they can

🤣🤣

It's not hard. It couldn't be simpler. People see advancements and just close off, claiming not to be able to do it. There's no desire to learn with folk like this
Like an a 80 year old bloke trying to figure out how to work a smart phone and then having to rely on our ever so efficient club to get the ticketing system working correctly?

I'm not saying digital is a bad thing I just think the club should have different options in place to make so it's as easy as possible for anyone to get to a game.
Right now that isn't the case.

🤣🤣

It's not hard. It couldn't be simpler. People see advancements and just close off, claiming not to be able to do it. There's no desire to learn with folk like this

100% agree with this. They can have Facebook and post on this forum, put there personal details in but refuse the online ticketing system

I can't go on Saturday and my mate is working away till Friday, just sent him my ticket now on the Web site , would have been wasted previously

I can't go on Saturday and my mate is working away till Friday, just sent him my ticket now on the Web site , would have been wasted previously

good to see the system working

i have two spares for the weekend it seems (and adult and a kid) both cards and digital.. i'll see on the day if anyone wants to use them and they'll probably come for pint before the game with me and walk over and i'll hand them the card at the turnstile and get it back once inside. 10x easier than having them set up online accounts when sitting in the pub

i have two spares for the weekend it seems (and adult and a kid) both cards and digital.. i'll see on the day if anyone wants to use them and they'll probably come for pint before the game with me and walk over and i'll hand them the card at the turnstile and get it back once inside. 10x easier than having them set up online accounts when sitting in the pub
Surely any match going Sunderland fan will already have an account? It takes less than a minute to forward a digital ticket it’s hardly a hassle.

Surely any match going Sunderland fan will already have an account? It takes less than a minute to forward a digital ticket it’s hardly a hassle.

not really. i might offer them out on facebook on saturday morning if no one is using them, who knows will take up the offer. could be a dad and son who have never been before

if they have got online accounts and don't want to meet me, i'll not be able to forward them on as the cards aren't mine and the lad who owns them is away. if i didn't have the cards they would 100% be going to waste.

with having the cards, there's a good chance i'll find someone to use them. maybe my lass and her niece. or my mates son and a mate

for the avoidance of doubt, i'm not saying the digital option shouldn't be there, i'm just pointing out that there should be both options

🤣🤣

Take it you were good at every subject at school. Obviously you are now in a high powered job, Right

Took me about 5 mins to set an account up for one of my sons and a grandson. No bother at all.

🤣🤣

Resurrected a thread that hadn't been posted on for 10 days only to say the same nonsense that had already been explained why it's wrong. Absolute genius right here.

That's fair enough but if you weren't going it would be simpler to just send digitally then nobody is running around.
I'm all for choice for those that can't understand digital mind, but it's an absolute doddle for most to send to someone digitally.

That's fair enough but if you weren't going it would be simpler to just send digitally then nobody is running around.
I'm all for choice for those that can't understand digital mind, but it's an absolute doddle for most to send to someone digitally.

It is. It's also a doddle for lots of people to hand over cards between friends. That's why the club should be keeping both options, to keep attendances as high as possible

Back