Digital Ticket system seeing a lot of tickets going to waste

That’s the point. Nobody uses bank cards anymore either. Apple Pay etc

Some proper grandads on here mind
Loads of people still use cards.
It's mind blowing that people can't comprehend that other people prefer different things and to some people different things work easier than other things do with other people
That's this board in a nutshell mate. If people don't do exactly as I do then that's wrong.

Last edited:
The digital ticket is less hassle for everyone. You just don’t want to learn a 1 minute process.

Luddite
What a tit you are lad. Just because it's less hassle for you doesn't mean it's less hassle for everyone.
Do these people ask to use a pen and paper instead of a laptop at work :lol: :lol: :lol:
You think everyone works with a computer? Or works at all?
Been to more games this year down to people not being able to go. Dont have to get a card and hand it back to them. Just text email address over or add them to network. Easy peasy. Twist on 21 some people
So it's better for you. That doesn't mean it's better for everyone though.

Last edited:
"in the rain" 🤣🤣

My Dad is a pensioner and has managed fine all season without any assistance from me. The 2 old lads who sit behind me have no problems.

Digital cards is the way all industries are going - train tickets, boarding passes, concert tickets, bus tickets, debit cards, travel cards etc etc - it's the way the world is going and some just resist against it because they don't like change, or doing like being told what to do.

I'm pretty sure it rained at least once during that period mind.

I'm sure your dad does manage fine, but why be dismissive & sneer at those who don't. Why should those who don't own a compatible phone have to fork out an extra £150 to go to the match (remember the club lied about QR codes)

Most of the example you give, there's a physical option to print out etc, so not really comparable

I think when you remember that the reason why the club introduced the digital ticket was to stop any ticket sharing at all (the online way of sharing was a late addition after the fan outcry and its also why the club have said that the QR code won't work and have never corrected themselves) then it makes those sneering at people who want to use physical ticket look even worse.

It played up again today.

I’m someone who has basically no physical media anymore for anything like memberships, loyalty schemes, tickets, payment etc, other than a few bankcards that basically sit in the drawer (my backup is some folding stuff in the back pocket). It’s all apps. So you can’t call me a Luddite. I also quite like the transferable aspect of the digital ticket since I live about 80 miles away these days, so simply passing over the plastic wouldn’t be that easy.

But the thing with all of those others is that they made sure the electronic system was so bloody convenient and so consistently effective that pretty much no one wanted to keep the physical option anyway. And most of them offered some kind of printable backup option anyway.

We’ve done neither. The digital system is obviously the way ahead, but it isn’t fully functional yet, and I can well believe that those who have kept a physical card are bloody glad they did.

I’m someone who has basically no physical media anymore for anything like memberships, loyalty schemes, tickets, payment etc, other than a few bankcards that basically sit in the drawer (my backup is some folding stuff in the back pocket). It’s all apps. So you can’t call me a Luddite. I also quite like the transferable aspect of the digital ticket since I live about 80 miles away these days, so simply passing over the plastic wouldn’t be that easy.

But the thing with all of those others is that they made sure the electronic system was so bloody convenient and so consistently effective that pretty much no one wanted to keep the physical option anyway. And most of them offered some kind of printable backup option anyway.

We’ve done neither. The digital system is obviously the way ahead, but it isn’t fully functional yet, and I can well believe that those who have kept a physical card are bloody glad they did.
Yep, using the digital season ticket is the only think I ever have issues with using on my phone and I'm the same as you in that use my phone for everything. It works sometimes via NFC and sometimes it doesn't so I have to revert to scanning the QR code.

The cards take about 5 times longer to scan now that they are QR codes as well. A terrible, pig-headed move by the club.

The cards take about 5 times longer to scan now that they are QR codes as well. A terrible, pig-headed move by the club.

Said on another thread there was me and my mate with 5 kids between us today, steward saw us coming said scan one ticket and everyone else go through another door as it was busy 😂 we all had tickets like but still

Bloke ahead of me using digital had to step aside as he was having trouble. I told him "plastic is the way forward". He agreed.

Last edited:
Today was the first time I've used NFC for SAFC on my Android phone (in the rush to get out the house, I forgot the plastic cards).

To be fair it worked well and I'll probably not waste the two hours queueing at the ticket office for plastic ones this summer, again.

That said, I have zero idea as to whether my plastic cards will still work next time out or if using the digital ones this time will have nerfed them? I've passed them on three times for various reasons this season and it's negated the need for people to sign up for their own accounts.

Since the start of the season I've noticed quite a few times when a season tickets holder isn't going to a game they don't offer it to anyone else like they used to with a physical ticket. It's not down to being self centred, but because of the hassle of the new digital ticket system instead of being able to just hand someone a physical ticket.

I know some people have used the slightly easier method of taking pictures of the season ticket QR code, but that comes with risks. It's the same QR code for all matches, unsurprisingly for your entire season ticket. Unlike a physical ticket, you don't get it back from the person who's used it for a night. Add to that I've heard they are cracking down on QR code and how they are used, but that has not been confirmed.

Anyway just a moan about how silly the new system is and how the club is shooting itself in the foot again.
Good post

This is it for me. The online system is difficult for one off people attending to figure out for the sake of a match. It has changed during the season and guidance is non existent.

Back