Digital Ticket system seeing a lot of tickets going to waste

Surely any match going Sunderland fan will already have an account? It takes less than a minute to forward a digital ticket it’s hardly a hassle.

I reckon there'll be a canny number of people who only ever go to the match when there's a freebie going (I know a fair few like that). These people tend to be older, won't have an account etc, and for them it's way easier just to borrow someone's card.

With less cards on the go, these sorts will less likely now go to games & probably why attendance figures are way off the numbers actually in the stadium

Completely disagree. It's a 2 minute job, saves on travelling to give your card to anyone and the people you give it to don't need to be in your network!

But if the person who's getting the ticket lives with you, or in same group of friends that would be travelling / drinking together anyway, handing a card over way is easier as there wouldn't be any travelling to pass card on. It takes 2 seconds not 2 minutes

Last edited:
But if the person who's getting the ticket lives with you, or in same group of friends that would be travelling / drinking together anyway, handing a card over way is easier as there wouldn't be any travelling to pass card on. It takes 2 seconds.
But the way it is now covers all scenarios doesn't it?

But the way it is now covers all scenarios doesn't it?

Apart from the club acting like arseholes & doing what they can to put folk off getting a card. It should just be a simple choice. Even a small fee to post it out instead of making the elderly & disabled queue for hours in the rain.

Apart from the club acting like arseholes & doing what they can to put folk off getting a card. It should just be a simple choice. Even a small fee to post it out instead of making the elderly & disabled queue for hours in the rain.
How does the system make the elderly and disabled need to queue like?

If they're with a group of people like you suggest then they can help them. If they're not, then it's easier for them cos they don't need to travel to pick up a physical card.

How does the system make the elderly and disabled need to queue like?

If they're with a group of people like you suggest then they can help them. If they're not, then it's easier for them cos they don't need to travel to pick up a physical card.

I'm on about obtaining the card in the first place from the club as they won't post them out. If they don't have a smart phone then there's little choice or basically pay 50% more for their season ticket with the added cost for the phone they don't know how it works

Last edited:
Managed to forward tickets plenty this season, including my niece and nephews to my account when there dad hasn't been going so I can get them in

Wanting to do the same this weekend and getting an error

Unfortunately, you are trying to forward tickets for an age restricted price class. Please ensure the Date of Birth is set for the recipient or select a ticket with another price class.

All accounts have a DOB set. Tried to forward them to both an adult account and an u16 account (both tickets are u16 already)

Anyone got any ideas?

I'm on about obtaining the card in the first place from the club as they won't post them out. If they don't have a smart phone then there's little choice or basically pay 50% more for their season ticket with the added cost for the phone they don't know how it works
Hmm, we'll agree to disagree.

I don't know anyone without a smartphone, regardless of age. I do know people with smartphones who refuse to move with the times though.

Hmm, we'll agree to disagree.

I don't know anyone without a smartphone, regardless of age. I do know people with smartphones who refuse to move with the times though.

Bully for you. I know several who don't have one. I know a couple who have one but no idea how to use it anarl

Managed to forward tickets plenty this season, including my niece and nephews to my account when there dad hasn't been going so I can get them in

Wanting to do the same this weekend and getting an error

Unfortunately, you are trying to forward tickets for an age restricted price class. Please ensure the Date of Birth is set for the recipient or select a ticket with another price class.

All accounts have a DOB set. Tried to forward them to both an adult account and an u16 account (both tickets are u16 already)

Anyone got any ideas?
Just take a screenshot of the QR code and send via WhatsApp/text

Well, they need to move with the times then don't they.

I absolutely agree with the club on this one.

You agree that people in their 80's should queue for hours in the rain & face punitive fines for not owning tech they don't understand? Really? I seriously despair at the utter selfishness of some of our fans. The club btw have lied to the fans over this, and to think we were once the 'caring club' :rolleyes:

You agree that people in their 80's should queue for hours in the rain & face punitive fines for not owning tech they don't understand? Really? I seriously despair at the utter selfishness of some of our fans. The club btw have lied to the fans over this, and to think we were once the 'caring club' :rolleyes:
Haha, haway man.

Well, they need to move with the times then don't they.

I absolutely agree with the club on this one.
That's the attitude we've been talking about on this thread, I'm alright everyone else needs to move on. There's an age group, or set of people that simply don't want or need a smartphone, having one of them old school mobiles with the shitty screen is enough for them and they don't want to put their entire lives on a smartphone. Should they be stopped from doing things in life because they don't want a phone?. Doesn't bother me I've been all in on technology all my life, early adopter of the mini disc and the hddvd 😂 but I can also see why treating the element of our fan base with almost distain is bang out of order.

Back