Digital Ticket system seeing a lot of tickets going to waste

Since the start of the season I've noticed quite a few times when a season tickets holder isn't going to a game they don't offer it to anyone else like they used to with a physical ticket. It's not down to being self centred, but because of the hassle of the new digital ticket system instead of being able to just hand someone a physical ticket.

I know some people have used the slightly easier method of taking pictures of the season ticket QR code, but that comes with risks. It's the same QR code for all matches, unsurprisingly for your entire season ticket. Unlike a physical ticket, you don't get it back from the person who's used it for a night. Add to that I've heard they are cracking down on QR code and how they are used, but that has not been confirmed.

Anyway just a moan about how silly the new system is and how the club is shooting itself in the foot again.

On the other hand, I see plenty getting sold on social media, and given away on here.

Personally I never gave my physical card away because it was a hassle to get it back and people would take the piss.

Used the ticket forwarding feature plenty though, it’s great

Since the start of the season I've noticed quite a few times when a season tickets holder isn't going to a game they don't offer it to anyone else like they used to with a physical ticket. It's not down to being self centred, but because of the hassle of the new digital ticket system instead of being able to just hand someone a physical ticket.

I know some people have used the slightly easier method of taking pictures of the season ticket QR code, but that comes with risks. It's the same QR code for all matches, unsurprisingly for your entire season ticket. Unlike a physical ticket, you don't get it back from the person who's used it for a night. Add to that I've heard they are cracking down on QR code and how they are used, but that has not been confirmed.

Anyway just a moan about how silly the new system is and how the club is shooting itself in the foot again.
They don't care, the ticket has already been paid for

It's a piece of piss to transfer someone else the ticket through the website. It's less hassle than having to meet up and give someone a ticket and then meet up again to collect.
Tell that to the old folk, disabled or computer illiterate which is a large section of our support.

Most tickets go to someone else in the family, friends or people on your supporters bus so you see them anyway. So there's literally nothing easier than giving a physical ticket.

Your argument is for a very specific use case of 'you', not the fans as a whole

Tell that to the old folk, disabled or computer illiterate which is a large section of our support.

Most tickets go to someone else in the family, friends or people on your supporters bus so you see them anyway. So there's literally nothing easier than giving a physical ticket.

… but not the “largest”. I’d argue your use case is more specific. In relative terms it’s now easier

I'd just add, that on our supporters bus there has been several dozen tickets spare that have went to waste that normally wouldn't. We have all ages of people and abilities, but that's the general consensus.
… but not the “largest”. I’d argue your use case is more specific. In relative terms it’s now easier
No not the largest. But physical tickets encompassed all fans. So it was still better. Nobody was left out in that system.

I'd just add, that on our supporters bus there has been several dozen tickets spare that have went to waste that normally wouldn't. We have all ages of people and abilities, but that's the general consensus.

No not the largest. But physical tickets encompassed all fans. So it was still better. Nobody was left out in that system.
They didn’t. I couldn’t physically pass my card to someone in a different city but I can transfer it easily online.

They didn’t. I couldn’t physically pass my card to someone in a different city but I can transfer it easily online.
As mentioned earlier, that is a tiny minority example for a specific use case. The amount of people who the new system alienates is far, far larger.
BTW I'm talking about home games where you can very easily meet them outside anyway.
Anyway, pub time.

Last edited:
I’m trying to forward a ticket now for tonight’s game. Log into my account, manage tickets, click on ticket, forward to friend, select person from my network, we have encountered an error and the person doesn’t get the ticket- logged in and out about 10 times- doesn’t work!

As mentioned earlier, that is a tiny minority example for a specific use case. The amount of people who the new system alienates is far, far larger.
BTW I'm talking about home games where you can very easily meet them outside anyway.
Anyway, pub time.
But the point here was in reply to “encompassed all fans … nobody left out”

That’s not the case when you physically can’t meet up with someone between realising you can’t make it, and the game itself. The digital transfer system is great for that.

But aye agree pub time, and didn’t intend to go down a confrontational road! Enjoy the pints and hopefully the match

Anyway, pub time.
Presumably the main reason you’d want to transfer your ticket is that you can’t go? In those circumstances, I would have thought it would be quite tricky to meet them outside anyway.

What a complete and utter load of bollocks, I’m an octogenarian so I guess that makes me elderly, I’m both doddery on my pins and need a walking stick and have a hidden disability so I guess that makes me disabled, also like most of my generation I’m at best self taught when it comes to computers so I guess that makes me computer illiterate but despite all these draw backs I find the new system so bloody convenient and easy to use it’s unreal and is far more flexible than the dinosauric card

I sense that the OP is getting less freebies now than he used to do

Was even easier to rip the vouchers out of the books.. you didn’t need to get it back either.. could even have the option of posting it!

It's really easy to add someone to your network. I doubt there is much difference if any in tickets being shared compared to the old system. There are some simple solutions for the tiny minority without a smartphone that friends/family can help with, you don't want to go enough if you aren't prepared to utilise them.

Last edited:
When you forward a ticket, the recipient should not have to accept it

You’ve already sent it and confirmed your decision to forward it.

Just another barrier in the way.

Back