Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not really no, person who was supposed to pick them up for me couldn't in the end so need to wait until Saturday now.

Feel much better today like so think I'm over the worst of the withdrawal stuff anyway, really anxious still though.

Trying to think back a couple of weeks here.

I stopped taking meds on the Sunday & felt like shit until the Wednesday night/Thursday morning iirc.

And apart from some nights of insomnia I've felt immense since :cool:

Trying to think back a couple of weeks here.

I stopped taking meds on the Sunday & felt like shit until the Wednesday night/Thursday morning iirc.

And apart from some nights of insomnia I've felt immense since :cool:

Aye, I've had trouble sleeping but feel fine now other than that.

Think I'll pick them up anyway but might just leave it for a while and see how things go, not keen on being that dependent on a drug really.

Thing is, there's no "one size fits all" for treatment.
In an ideal situation everyone would get support 'talking therapy' combined with meds where necessary, however due to waiting lists, GPs start the meds first.
They're supposed to review every couple of weeks for the first month then monthly till you see an improvement, but in reality it doesn't happen.

There is no shame in being on meds !!

It's like using a plaster cast to set a broken bone, except it's the brain's chemical messenger system that's broken.

Also the same meds have wildly different effects on different people and unfortunately trial & error is the only way to do it

Just had word back from the therapy service I've self referred to.

Still on a waiting list and have handily sent me the number for Samaritans. Great eh!

Just started rewatching a series that first aired a few years ago.
Absolutely heartbreaking some of this.
Beth seems like 'the nicest human being' you could possibly wish to meet, yet so bloody troubled at the same time.
Love & yet hate owt like this at similar measures.

Well, finally managed to pick up the old pills today and I deliberated for ages whether I should go for it again or not.

When I came off them last weekend, albeit accidentally, the withdrawal was f***ing horrific but later on the week I felt fine.

Anyway, decided to half the dosage and see how that goes, really hope I have enough in me system that I don't need to go through the whole "first few weeks" bollocks at least.

Thing is, I've been fine with the drugs but the fact I was fucked up beyond belief when I came off them was terrifying, really don't want to be that reliant on the little bassas but don't want to give them up at the same time.

Well, finally managed to pick up the old pills today and I deliberated for ages whether I should go for it again or not.

When I came off them last weekend, albeit accidentally, the withdrawal was f***ing horrific but later on the week I felt fine.

Anyway, decided to half the dosage and see how that goes, really hope I have enough in me system that I don't need to go through the whole "first few weeks" bollocks at least.

Thing is, I've been fine with the drugs but the fact I was fucked up beyond belief when I came off them was terrifying, really don't want to be that reliant on the little bassas but don't want to give them up at the same time.

Nice one mate, hope it works out for you.

I take my final dose tomorrow, which is 10mg of Citalopram. I've weaned off over the last few weeks. Seem to be OK, but having those weird brain zaps. If thats as bad as it gets I'm hoping im going to be ok.

Contacted the therapy service again, but still not sign of an appointment.

Nice one mate, hope it works out for you.

I take my final dose tomorrow, which is 10mg of Citalopram. I've weaned off over the last few weeks. Seem to be OK, but having those weird brain zaps. If thats as bad as it gets I'm hoping im going to be ok.

Contacted the therapy service again, but still not sign of an appointment.

Best of luck there, could be rough at first but just try your best to get through it.

Still feeling fantastic med-free like.

Could get used to this :cool:

Did have a serious chat with my other half the other day though.
She suggested that I must have some form of bipolar issues due to my moods elevating & fluctuating to alarming degrees at times.
Obviously the traditional manic depressive diagnosis is down to fairly long periods of mania followed by long periods of depressive episodes.
I seem to be able to enjoy that rollercoaster ride on an almost changeable state in 24 hours.
Quite literally only in the last month I had at least a couple of days when in the same waking day I genuinely felt on top of the world for a few hours & then later on hid away from everyone & the world & could only think of extreme negative shit like death & my own genuine suicide.

It's probably some kind of personality disorder no doubt in a way I'm absolutely petrified to find out what in case there's no definitive cure to it.

Last edited:
Literally every morning the second I walk into work I feel the life being sucked out of me.

Only been back 2 weeks after having pretty much all year off (other than a few weeks here and there).

Tempted to put my 4 weeks notice in every day im here now but know its the wrong time of the year to do so.

Need some motivation mannn

Depression is so much more common than you realise when you read people's stories on here. You rarely see beneath the surface of people's daily lives and their struggles within.

I went through a bout of it a couple of years ago but never to the extent I needed professional help or medication. During that time I become very insular, alienated a lot of people by pushing them away and just felt angry at life.

Literally every morning the second I walk into work I feel the life being sucked out of me.

Only been back 2 weeks after having pretty much all year off (other than a few weeks here and there).

Tempted to put my 4 weeks notice in every day im here now but know its the wrong time of the year to do so.

Dont make any rash decisions mate. Have you felt like this about your job before?

Dont make any rash decisions mate. Have you felt like this about your job before?

For a long time. Its just not challenging at all mate, sit in front of a computer all day assessing finance applications. I had a plan to hand my notice in at xmas time so I would finish late January, have a few weeks off and get something completely different but it seems too long to stay here

For a long time. Its just not challenging at all mate, sit in front of a computer all day assessing finance applications. I had a plan to hand my notice in at xmas time so I would finish late January, have a few weeks off and get something completely different but it seems too long to stay here

Do you have something else lined up?

To be honest, I feel the same way about my job, but have long wondered whether I would feel this way regardless of my employment.

Do you have something else lined up?

To be honest, I feel the same way about my job, but have long wondered whether I would feel this way regardless of my employment.

Nope, but I won't struggle to find some work on the same money as I am on now put it that way.

Have you tried looking around?

If you're not happy at work, definitely look around for something that you will enjoy more. You spend a large part of your day there and it's a big drain if you are unhappy.

I could work right up until the shops close on Christmas Eve. I hate the week before Christmas as it's a nightmare parking I get bashed and bumped in the shops and I spend the time wishing I was home. So this year I thought stuff it! I'm finishing on the 16th when the schools break up and I'm spending time with the bairns.

Still feeling fantastic med-free like.

Could get used to this :cool:

Did have a serious chat with my other half the other day though.
She suggested that I must have some form of bipolar issues due to my moods elevating & fluctuating to alarming degrees at times.
Obviously the traditional manic depressive diagnosis is down to fairly long periods of mania followed by long periods of depressive episodes.
I seem to be able to enjoy that rollercoaster ride on an almost changeable state in 24 hours.
Quite literally only in the last month I had at least a couple of days when in the same waking day I genuinely felt on top of the world for a few hours & then later on hid away from everyone & the world & could only think of extreme negative shit like death & my own genuine suicide.

It's probably some kind of personality disorder no doubt in a way I'm absolutely petrified to find out what in case there's no definitive cure to it.
could you mebbe keep a mood diary ?
Just to see if there's any pattern to it.....

life's too short to be friggin' miserable in your job.....
If there's a good chance you can find another then why not ?? Might be the best thing you ever do....

If you're not happy at work, definitely look around for something that you will enjoy more. You spend a large part of your day there and it's a big drain if you are unhappy.

I could work right up until the shops close on Christmas Eve. I hate the week before Christmas as it's a nightmare parking I get bashed and bumped in the shops and I spend the time wishing I was home. So this year I thought stuff it! I'm finishing on the 16th when the schools break up and I'm spending time with the bairns.

same.
I used to love working up to Christmas (apart from the bloody mad panic that we were closed for 2 whole bloody days.... and the patient who came in at 5.55pm when the lights were dimmed and the shutter halfway down with a 2 page prescription that they'd had in their bag since November !!!! I've never forgotten that !!!)
Usually there was a lovely cheery feeling, but now it's like a bloody siege.
People are rude, awkward and downright horrible - so fuck it... I'm doing the 23rd then I'm working New Year instead.

Last edited:
life's too short to be friggin' miserable in your job.....
If there's a good chance you can find another then why not ?? Might be the best thing you ever do....

Money, cant really afford to quit now with christmas, not to mention they overpaid me in July so are taking that out this months pay. I want to play it so that I leave me job mid January and leave with a full months wage (I have 20 odd holidays to be paid also). This will give me a financial cushion to be able to enjoy myself and maybe get away for a few days at the end of January before hopefully getting into a new job early Feb.

Only been here for 2 and a half years as well. Brain has been turned into mush.

Struggling today. My job is shite, seem to have so much to do all the time and no-one gives a shit, everyone just looks after themselves. The conversation around me is about "I'm a celebrity" and "Married at first sight" and I wonder how the fuck people can be happy and content in their lives if these are the talking points. Maybe I'm just a miserable bastard but it all just seems so pointless. Saw some family over the weekend and it was the usual pointless bickering that I have no time for. I was just happy to get home and lock myself away from them all. People are so wrapped up in themselves, material possessions and insignificant parts of life that I think if I did decide to just leave it behind, very few would notice.

My diet has been bad over the weekend I drank too much so I'm hoping that this is affecting my mood and I can get back on track. But I'm struggling to feel anything right now other than empty and hopeless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back