Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.

??

Pharmacy urgent repeat medication. You can use the service if you can't get to your gp. Not sure if you can do it via 111 or if you have to go to your local walk in centre.

The service might not be country wide either hence my use of question marks.

Ah right.
Cheers x
I'm in Ireland now, hence the question

Been given citalopram in the past and hated it. I didn't care about anything, and put on around a stone and a half which I'm struggling to shift. Had a relapse recently and was given something else, which name escapes me. Didn't take them like. Another course of CBT is due soon.

I feel like absolute shit.
How did other people feel when they first went on tablets?
Like Utter dog shit. Unless they were my energency beta blockers. I liked them!

Last edited:
did they have any effect on you like shakes and pains?

Absolutely shite for around a month or so then you start numbing up.

Worth sticking with them for a while, at least until the initial side effects pass over so you know how they get on with you in day to day life.

Been given citalopram in the past and hated it. I didn't care about anything, and put on around a stone and a half which I'm struggling to shift. Had a relapse recently and was given something else, which name escapes me. Didn't take them like. Another course of CBT is due soon.

Like Utter dog shit. Unless they were my energency beta blockers. I liked them!
pleased am not alone then they've taking me by surprise wasn't expecting to feel this shit

50mg Sertarline they've got me overly worrying about daft things. ha

Never taken that personally.

Presumably there's a 'black box warning' type thing in the instruction leaflet as well as a side effects bit that explains what might happen to you to make you feel even more nutty than you previously did.

Sometimes reading the small print is actually important ;)

Absolutely shite for around a month or so then you start numbing up.

Worth sticking with them for a while, at least until the initial side effects pass over so you know how they get on with you in day to day life.
Hopefully it doesn't take a month for the side effects to pass that seems brutal

Never taken that personally.

Presumably there's a 'black box warning' type thing in the instruction leaflet as well as a side effects bit that explains what might happen to you to make you feel even more nutty than you previously did.

Sometimes reading the small print is actually important ;)
Aye it basically says things will get worse before they get better just wasn't expecting out like this.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but they can take 6-8 weeks to kick in.

And sometimes they never do.
Jesus, Am like a zombie.

I thought they just up your dose

Last edited:
I know, was just thinking out loud really. Was this forum that made me rethink my attitude towards them, but I'm glad I've not went down that route yet.
Never had to deal with depression thankfully, I know that these days you're more likely to me medicated than lie back on a couch talking about your feelings though.

I found one of my work books from cbt a while ago , had to list three things you would achieve before next meeting in a weeks time

Mine were take the dog to the vet (anal glands iirc)
Get dressed
Brush teeth and wash face every day

Quite sad reading it how those simple things become such massive things they're overwhelming when you're in 'that place'

Absolutely. It's real though. And horrific.

Worse spell for me was a 72-96 hours period where I literally didn't leave my bedroom.
Barely got out from under the sheets.
Even locked the door - with just a pint glass of water for company.
Got to the point where me 5 year old daughter was even knocking on the door asking what's wrong with her daddy & you still can't pull yourself out of it through sheer shame & guilt.

From that point, if you manage to venture downstairs it seems like a huge personal goal that you've accomplished.
Even if you do it when you know the house is empty, solely due to ridiculous fear of having to actually have some form of human interaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back