Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stupid thing is. I'm on them long term but they only give me 2 months worth before I have order a repeat prescription. Why can't they just give me 6 months or summit.
I have every sympathy for what you are going through, but you have to accept that you have a responsibility to yourself. ordering a repeat prescription every 2 months is not that much of a hardship. I have to do that for for my heart tablets, low thyroid etc. I'm just glad I can order it every month on line.

I have every sympathy for what you are going through, but you have to accept that you have a responsibility to yourself. ordering a repeat prescription every 2 months is not that much of a hardship. I have to do that for for my heart tablets, low thyroid etc. I'm just glad I can order it every month on line.
you're right it isnt but it is unnecessary

That would make it a lot easier but a just don't fancy telling people am on pills for aniexty with a bit of depression.
as said honesty is best policy. people will understand. if not you tell lies and have to remember the lies and it ends up lie after lie which will make you feel worse.

It's weird reading peoples willingness to just throw drugs at the problem.
when I saw the psyc nurse, she consulted with the psyc doctor and I was prescribed a drug. I checked it online and one of the side effect was severe weight gain. as I had just lost 4 stone I didn't want to put it on again. contacted my doctor and he said don't take it. when I was seen by the psyc DR he discharged me blaming the artificial sweetners for most of the issues. so why was the serplitine or whatever it was prescribed in the first place. So I suspect you are right

can you get a 6 months worth ? it might be some sort of rule that 2 months is the maximum allowed

I get three months worth on my omeprazole for my dodgy stomach but I'm only ever allowed monthly repeats on my psych meds.

If anyone needs a shoulder feel free to give me a shout. I'm relatively stable at the moment (thank goodness) but I'm being very closely monitored by my mh team as historically I'm known to lose it around this time of year. As I've probably mentioned before, I've totally made my peace with the fact that I'll likely be on meds forever. No-one would make a judgement like that about my inhalers or if people have epilepsy or diabetes etc so I don't see why this is any different

Ill be honest, I'm struggling.

I'm weaning the tablets down but my anxiety has shot up, but for no particular reason. I'm anxious about being anxious and depressed about being depressed. I know its just a side effect of tapering but struggling to get through days at work at the minute.

Still waiting for my therapist session. Chased them up yesterday but no word back yet.

Just a heads up for what I think is a little known classic film about the subject of severe depression.
Starring the brilliant Cillain Murphy & Stephen Rea.
It kind of passed under the radar at the time sadly, partly due to being released only ten days after 9/11 I guess.
Obviously it's got some really sad tragic parts, as well as some unrealistic stuff too, but on the whole imo it portrays mental health & the people & characters who suffer badly from it really well.
It's also ultimately a film about hope, survival, & optimism for a more positive future from that horrific place you can so easily find yourself in.
If you get a spare 90 minutes give it a view, see what you think.

Supposed to go back to work tomorrow, I really feel like shit and having bad thoughts again.

Fed up this shit hitting me again.

Supposed to go back to work tomorrow, I really feel like shit and having bad thoughts again.

Fed up this shit hitting me again.

Might just be nerves about going back. Try and get some rest and go in and see what happens. You might be surprised and it's easier once you actually get there.

Just a heads up for what I think is a little known classic film about the subject of severe depression.
Starring the brilliant Cillain Murphy & Stephen Rea.
It kind of passed under the radar at the time sadly, partly due to being released only ten days after 9/11 I guess.
Obviously it's got some really sad tragic parts, as well as some unrealistic stuff too, but on the whole imo it portrays mental health & the people & characters who suffer badly from it really well.
It's also ultimately a film about hope, survival, & optimism for a more positive future from that horrific place you can so easily find yourself in.
If you get a spare 90 minutes give it a view, see what you think.

Just watched it again. Thanks for posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back