Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a facebook entry and this doctor explained. think of a glass of water in your hand. hold it for 2 minutes. put it down. hold that same glass for 30 minutes. and what happens, same glass as before.
The glass doesn't get heavier you get weaker iirc

They don't though. I just phone the surgery and ask for a repeat. They ask to see me once a year or so now. Early days I was back there constantly but not now I'm ok.

Aye, that seems a bit needless then.

I have to see them all the time still, won't entertain the idea of a repeat prescription yet so I'm definitely stocking up this time.

Just something else to think about - is your heart really racing? I've had that when I've felt like it was beating really fast. However I wear a Fitbit which has a heart rate monitor. I've checked it when I've felt like my heart was racing and it's just beating as normal according to my Fitbit. Think it's just my head playing tricks on me. That has given me an edge on telling the panic to go away as I know now that I'm not physically having the symptoms I think I'm having. Try taking your pulse next time and see what it is like.
I cant find a pulse, is that bad?

Fitbit for me Christmas present

what about in the side of your neck just under your jawbone? That's usually an easy one to feel.

Fitbit Charge HR2 is the one I've got and I love it. I think it's helping keep my mood up as it's making me be more active so I hit my targets on it. Also suffer from insomnia and I'm finding the sleep tracker useful in trying to fix that. I think you said you have that too?

Needs some advice please.

I've got a job interview tomorrow but a feel horrible off these tablets plus I've got a few staples in my head because of an accident.
So I really don't feel up for it

It's not that I don't want a job I just feel a bit of a mess at the minute.

I need an excuse to tell the agency whose got me the job interview so hopefully I can go back to them in a couple of weeks.
They think I've already had my staples out as I was supposed to get them out today so I can't use something like that as an excuse.

And i still live with my dad who will be wondering why I haven't gone to the interview.
He doesn't know I'm on any medication and a don't fancy telling thats the reason I haven't gone.
So I was thinking I should just go get some bait somewhere and come back and act like I've been to the job interview although I'm a terrible liar and it sounds a bit of shite thing to do anarl.

I've got a job interview tomorrow but a feel horrible off these tablets plus I've got a few staples in my head because of an accident.

I need an excuse to tell the agency whose got me the job interview so hopefully I can go back to them in a couple of weeks.
They think I've already had my staples out as I was supposed to get them out today so I can't use something like that as an excuse.

And i still live with my dad who will be wondering why I haven't gone to the interview.
He doesn't know I'm on any medication and a don't fancy telling thats the reason I haven't gone.
So I was thinking I should just go get some bait somewhere and come back and act like I've been to the job interview although I'm a terrible liar and it sounds a bit of shite thing to do anarl.
Would honesty not be the best policy mate ?

That would make it a lot easier but a just don't fancy telling people am on pills for aniexty with a bit of depression.
Understand this totally but your dad and people close to you maybe able to help you if they know you are on med and suffering. I lock people out too so I do understand.

I had an echo on my heart yesterday and took them ages to find it - very odd seeing your heart on TV , it looked a bit like a jacket potato

I darent get a Fitbit as I would be constantly checking it, bad enough having a blood pressure machine at home currently but as becs says means you can start breathing control exercises and monitor their affects

My advice would be to go to the interview. It will be a brilliant distraction from everything. Don't even contemplate not going. Concentrate on interview answers and making a good impression etc. If you don't get it it wasn't meant to be. If you put it off for 2 weeks the opportunity will be gone and you'll spend the time you should have been at the interview sat on your own somewhere gettin even more worked up. Take it from someone who knows.

That would make it a lot easier but a just don't fancy telling people am on pills for aniexty with a bit of depression.
When I started taking pills I worried about that too, I feel strong enough to post my troubles on this forum now and im a new'ish member

I also worried about this but when I finally told people at work they were like oh yeah so and so is on them and so is Jeff etc etc. Turns out there was about 20 people on the same tablets as me. Just look at this thread for an indicator as to how common it is.

My advice would be to go to the interview. It will be a brilliant distraction from everything. Don't even contemplate not going. Concentrate on interview answers and making a good impression etc. If you don't get it it wasn't meant to be. If you put it off for 2 weeks the opportunity will be gone and you'll spend the time you should have been at the interview sat on your own somewhere gettin even more worked up. Take it from someone who knows.
Very good advice that

these sertarlines have got me shaking and my jaw is tensed up (hope that's normal) So going into an interview like that with also having staples in my head and feeling quite slow, I just don't can't get myself up for it.

I feel like a drug addict. ha

Last edited:
Can the mods give an automatic ban for any idiotic comments on threads as serious as this one?

It stuns me that even on the most sensitive threads you get people trying to get bites ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back