Denver Hume

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts ?

Solid enough? Wasteful? Potential?

I like that he is very dynamic, and willing to press forward. His consistency in delivery must improve mind.
at times he seems to lack the heart to even try to take someone on, time after time hes slowed play down by cutting inside then ending up same place he had the ball in needs to just hit that cross in job done .

Young and as a result, inconsistent. Lots of potential though, could become a very good player.

Lots of comments about his final ball needing work; some of his final balls earlier in the season were very good, just part of that inconsistency IMO.

Weak link. John will be first choice soon hopefully
You must have seen John play a lot more than I have then. I’ve got no basis for thinking he would be better than Hume who I think is developing into a decent player. But obviously you’ve seen a lot more of Declan John than I have.

I like him a lot. He's quite obviously raw, perhaps makes the odd mistake or chooses the wrong ball more often than others but he has a nice turn of pace and the more games he has played he looks more eager to get forward. He has a lot of the signs you'd look for in a young wing back, just needs to continue getting better and experience will help him with that.

Seen him play v Belgium for Wales and seen him play a few times for Rangers
Ok lad, better than Hume?? Can't help.when I look at John's career in stats that he looks very much on the decline, every move he makes he seems to be going down the ladder

He decent at carrying the ball and is on the front foot. Defo needs to work on delivery as he must have attempted 20 crosses tonight most unsuccessful

at times he seems to lack the heart to even try to take someone on, time after time hes slowed play down by cutting inside then ending up same place he had the ball in needs to just hit that cross in job done .

I think that's learning the game tbh, he's certainly not slow in taking people on. Earlier in his career he tried to do it all the time, offered no variation, never tried to play clever and pick when he took players on and when he didn't, now he is. If I was going to pick faults and I won't as he's one of our most important players and still developing it certainly wouldn't be when and where he takes opposition players on.

Ok lad, better than Hume?? Can't help.when I look at John's career in stats that he looks very much on the decline, every move he makes he seems to be going down the ladder

I don't particularly rate Hume anyway. End product is poor and struggles defensively for me. Think John will finish the season as first choice

Weak link. John will be first choice soon hopefully

Can't agree with you ,sorry . He was impressive first half but less dynamic second half , tending to take the safe option of passing back instead of taking on fullback .
He does need to improve his delivery but sure that will come with time .As a point of interest , how much have you seen of Declan John ,that makes you think he will be better ?

He’s very much an asset to how Parkinson wants us to play when we’re attacking, won’t be dropped anytime soon.

Should have more practice crossing the ball in training. He really needs to improve that aspect of his game.
Can't agree with you ,sorry . He was impressive first half but less dynamic second half , tending to take the safe option of passing back instead of taking on fullback .
He does need to improve his delivery but sure that will come with time .As a point of interest , how much have you seen of Declan John ,that makes you think he will be better ?
Taking it easy in the 2nd half when the game was won, I’m inclined to think Parkinson told them to conserve a bit of energy for the Oxford game.

Last edited:
He’s very much an asset to how Parkinson wants us to play when we’re attacking, won’t be dropped anytime soon.

Should have more practice crossing the ball in training. He really needs to improve that aspect of his game.

Taking it easy in the 2nd half when the game was won, I’m inclined to think Parkinson told them to conserve a bit of energy for the Oxford game.
How is he an asset hes poor defensively and crossing is awful

Oh? Yeah, he played well. Kept possession well, used his pace well, tackled and harrassed. The supposed wonder kid could 't do anything with him.

Harsh? Not really, just absolutely stupid. "One of the worst footballers" you've seen? Dear me.

You're probably right, worst is probably too harsh although I meant "for Sunderland" not in football generally. I still can't get my head into the League One mindset even now nearly 2 years later. The quality is very poor, and perhaps Hume is solid at this level. I acknowledge he is young but I just don't see what others are seeing in him.

I know O'Nien is 4 years older but there is a gulf in class between the two. With O'Nien you get the feeling he is constantly working on his game and trying to improve.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back