Denver Hume

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has pace

No further comment apart from loads of room for improvement in tackling, passing, goalscoring and heading

Plenty of time to improve

Last edited:

Needs to be faster in his decision making - cross it in straight away or take the man on. Too often he controls the ball, stops, then attacks- he loses momentum to quickly. I like him though and he's certainly got the potential to play in the next division if/when we finally get there.
That’s definitely his biggest downfall imo. 100% has potential and there is a long learning curve for him considering his age.

Poor tonight. No harm done tho. Nothing but a promising attacking league one full back so far. Some people getting way way carried away.

Thoughts ?

Solid enough? Wasteful? Potential?

I like that he is very dynamic, and willing to press forward. His consistency in delivery must improve mind.
Only similar we've had there recently is PVA.

PVA joined when 3 years older than Hume is now. He left 3 years later, and only in the last 6 months under Allardyce did he in any way look like a defender.

Not saying Hume has quite the same impact going forward, but if he keeps his pace and builds his stamina there's definitely a player there. Defensively even with his lapses, and having to play with no cover behind McGeady, he's still twice as solid as PVA ever looked. Hume does't literally duck out the way of incoming crosses.

Last edited:
I have questions on him when we play against better teams. In games where he’s not tested he makes some fantastic runs and his pace is an asset.

People were saying he has premier league potential, I don't see it at the moment. Apart from the inconsistent quality in his final ball, he switches off it looks like he has a 5 minute day dream every other game. In comparison Gooch ,Maguire and O'Nien look mentally sharper.

People were saying he has premier league potential, I don't see it at the moment. Apart from the inconsistent quality in his final ball, he switches off it looks like he has a 5 minute day dream every other game. In comparison Gooch ,Maguire and O'Nien look mentally sharper.
See above note on PVA with a heavy emphasis on potential.

Thoughts ?

I like that he is very dynamic, and willing to press forward. His consistency in delivery must improve mind.
Young lad in his first real season as a pro playing regular games looks to have something about him and I'm sure he will get better throughout his carreer

His final ball today was simpy not good enough.

The wind didn't help and Rochdale had players packing the box.
Bags and bags of potential, would love to see him coached well. Room for improvement and tons of ability. Love watching players like him.

Same.
Poor tonight. No harm done tho. Nothing but a promising attacking league one full back so far. Some people getting way way carried away.

I thought he played well.

He's come on leaps and bounds this season, but he could do with a break. Wasteful as owt tonight, needs to learn how to cross a ball. Where the hell is Declan John?

Thoughts ?

Offers a really good outlet on that side and linked up very well with Flanagan today. Final ball was shocking though and turned back away from goal too much. Not one of his better games today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back