Denver Hume

I thought he put lots of effort in but his end product was very disappointing. He needs to be taught how to use his right foot or he will be worked out very soon .

Needs to be faster in his decision making - cross it in straight away or take the man on. Too often he controls the ball, stops, then attacks- he loses momentum to quickly. I like him though and he's certainly got the potential to play in the next division if/when we finally get there.

Will be the next player we sell for millions

Thought he was quite wasteful tonight. He continually stops and turns and and the ball ends up on his right foot which is only for standing on in his case. Momentum is then lost.

This.

Good player for sure but does a Watmore, goes charging down the wing, then stops, when having the ideal opportunity to put it in the box. It’s a waste and he did it too many times last night. Had a decent game though, but time to rest him and give John a run out IMO.

I think it happens on the right too, getting into great crossing positions but not crossing. Seems wasteful when you have a target man, on paper.....

But it’s working right now so maybe that’s a bit too critical and why I’m not a manager....

I think Hume’s delivery will come in time. He can be frustrating to watch as he gets in excellent areas to deliver a cross and his success rate is very poor.

I think he’s in the side as much for his energy and ability to run with the ball than for anything else.

All said and done for his first full season he’s done well.

He's not too old to work on his weaker right foot. He should be spending time after training working on crossing with it. That's if he isn't at the moment. He could be a top premiership wingback /fullback. But he really needs to work on being effective when cutting in.

Back