Denver Hume

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is decent player for us now. Different leagues maybe not. Tonight it looked as tho PP wanted him pushing high up. I know people moan about his delivery but almost every time he got space for a cross Rochdale had a line of defenders so deep on the keepers toes there wasn’t the space for a whipped in cross. He is doing well and learning so we should be happy with that.

He gets into cracking areas and provides a great outlet. Hes direct and hes a threat.

He does need to improve his consistency but that will come. Hes definitely improving.

Just needs to work on his final ball, which should hopefully improve the more he plays. Fuck bringing some lad in who is on loan. Hume should be playing every week.

He's still learning the game. I thought he did fine, tonight. He's improved his heading and defending. He's half a season of playing from being first name on the team sheet. I'd hate for us to stall his development by playing some loan twat.
Were you on the drink before the match marra?

Poor tonight. He got into lots of good positions and continually wasted them. I thinks he's been great generally this season but poor for the last 2 games.

Hes alright,no more no less. But thats fine for where we are and his age. Still has lots to improve on to play higher up the divisions though

Read through this thread and just don't see what others are seeing. I know the lad is young and we all want youth to thrive, but he is one of the worst footballers I've seen. His first touch is clumsy more times than not, his crossing is aimless and usually two or three touches after he should have done it, and he doesn't even use his right foot for standing on I don't think.

I want so much for him to succeed but I think he is lucky to be at the club at this point in our history. Declan John will be first choice soon I would imagine.

Many will think this is harsh, I'm just not seeing it.

Good game he crossed it to our player 1/11

Oh? Yeah, he played well. Kept possession well, used his pace well, tackled and harrassed. The supposed wonder kid could 't do anything with him.
Read through this thread and just don't see what others are seeing. I know the lad is young and we all want youth to thrive, but he is one of the worst footballers I've seen. His first touch is clumsy more times than not, his crossing is aimless and usually two or three touches after he should have done it, and he doesn't even use his right foot for standing on I don't think.

I want so much for him to succeed but I think he is lucky to be at the club at this point in our history. Declan John will be first choice soon I would imagine.

Harsh? Not really, just absolutely stupid. "One of the worst footballers" you've seen? Dear me.

Last edited:

Jesus wept :lol:

I personally think he is poor defensively, and very poor in the final third.

Middle third he shines which is why people think he is good vs the likes of James last season (eg. His horizontal runs across the pitch, skipping past a few players without actually gaining any ground).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back