December challenge - Low Light photography - Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering this too. Quite a strange theme, and the camera you use will also affect your ability to take a shot. A point and shoot will effectively take a shot for you, you don't have too many options (perhaps) to do anything yourself. If you use an SLR you could have the options of of changing your film (ISO), opening your aperture, using bulb, selecting shutter speed etc. Flash could enable a picture to be taken. Post production could be used. ETC :)

Smoker should walk this if he sticks in one of his best star photos.

Edit: remember not to reply till all posts read. AB usually leaves it up to us anyway! As he has.

No pressure or owt :lol:

might try a star trail for the first time.

going get a lend of me star-trail-ma'bobby back off steeeeed. We'll have to get out.

fancy joining me and Ayesane for beers on Saturday like?

this. (lend is me old star-trail-ma'bobby shutter thing that I give ye :))

Last edited by a moderator:
oROSSo said:
fancy joining me and Ayesane for beers on Saturday like?

Oh aye.

ayesane said:
going get a lend of me star-trail-ma'bobby back off steeeeed. We'll have to get out.

this. (lend is me old star-trail-ma'bobby shutter thing that I give ye :))

Oh no :)

oROSSo said:
i take it you're going to the match? ST holder aren't you? I'm coming through for pre and post match beers.

Curva Sud ultra me mate. Went in the Isis for the first time last week. Really like it. Normally cram a few cheap ones in t the deaf club before the game. Anyway, we'll sort something out.

Star trails don't fit the theme

Clearly they give off loads of light :p

Hello, not been on here a while but saw this month's theme so I've hoyed up a snap I took yesterday. No great shakes but it seemed to fit this month's theme.

The standard has really shot up since I used to be a regular in these competitions - nice work everyone.

Hello, not been on here a while but saw this month's theme so I've hoyed up a snap I took yesterday. No great shakes but it seemed to fit this month's theme.

The standard has really shot up since I used to be a regular in these competitions - nice work everyone.

Nice to see you posting again, it's a shame many of the beginners and intermediates have stopped posting on here. I am sure some of the negative critiques on the voting threads are contributing to this.

Nice to see you posting again, it's a shame many of the beginners and intermediates have stopped posting on here. I am sure some of the negative critiques on the voting threads are contributing to this.

Just had Real Life to concentrate on for a bit. Maybe in the new year I'll give the camera a bit more attention.

Prolly aye tbh

I'm quite happy to slag off 'pros' on these sony competition awards or whatever, but would never do it to people that spent time and effort to enter on here

I was thinking the same, never thought about negative critique turning people away. Dont think I have left many critical comments - I feel uncomfortable criticising people I dont know personally

Not much negativity imo. If anything was off putting it was the "cliqueyness" but this seems to have gone now.

Not much negativity imo. If anything was off putting it was the "cliqueyness" but this seems to have gone now.

erm...

"This photo is everything that is wrong with photography at the moment".

Your partner in crime Tiredeyes usually comes out with some crackers as well.

We used to have a situation where folks had to specifically ask for C&C. Now it's given whether you ask for it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back