December challenge - Low Light photography - Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Low light photography is something that we all must deal with as photographers. Whether you’re taking photos with a point and shoot during an evening out, shooting a wedding party or capturing a landscape at dusk it’s important to understand the basics of shooting with low light. Photography is all about light, low light photography is no different and it offers new challenges and opportunities for creativity.

So the theme for December is Low Light photography.

Shots must be taken between now and the end of December.

Happy shooting

Is taking photos in the dark even possible!? :eek:

FFS the one month I don't have to shoot a wedding in some dark as hell church and you pick a low light theme! :lol:

Any other month and i'd have dozens of pics to choose from without having to actually put any thought in to doing a shot for the comp!

Must be revenge for spamming the entry thread the other day :cool:

Stupid question number 1:

Are we allowed to introduce new light, e.g. flash? Or is this about using the low light that is available to us effectively?

Stupid question number 1:

Are we allowed to introduce new light, e.g. flash? Or is this about using the low light that is available to us effectively?
I was wondering this too. Quite a strange theme, and the camera you use will also affect your ability to take a shot. A point and shoot will effectively take a shot for you, you don't have too many options (perhaps) to do anything yourself. If you use an SLR you could have the options of of changing your film (ISO), opening your aperture, using bulb, selecting shutter speed etc. Flash could enable a picture to be taken. Post production could be used. ETC :)

Smoker should walk this if he sticks in one of his best star photos.

Edit: remember not to reply till all posts read. AB usually leaves it up to us anyway! As he has.

Last edited:
Could you not have banned wire wool and bits of bike wheel ? :oops:

Had thought the same thing... defo going to be some people's 'go to' image that's for certain :lol:

I doubt I'll do owt for this months as got too much on to plan something that will work... however I will try and contribute by spamming the entries thread with inane chat as per usual ;)

Had thought the same thing... defo going to be some people's 'go to' image that's for certain :lol:

I doubt I'll do owt for this months as got too much on to plan something that will work... however I will try and contribute by spamming the entries thread with inane chat as per usual ;)

Surely this is ideal for some dusky dildo action?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back