December challenge - Low Light photography - Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some nice entries in already. High expectations this month.

I think you have an advantage here Joey

You must spend quite a lot of your time in darkened rooms pondering over the writings of Nietzsche

Spent an hour in the cold last week and got nothing worth posting. Back to the drawing board.

Last edited:
I can kinda see why we are attracting no newbies to these pages :lol:

Spent an hour in the cold last week and got nothing worth posting. Back to the drawing board.

Nice edit. No need :lol:

Liking KG's entry there...b&w version it would possibly look genuinely old

Cheers Bully, taken outside the Jack Wills factory shop on a proper cold night with my phone! Just wish those olde worlde lamps had been illuminated but I just left it as is, nowt frigged about with at all. If anyone is ever in the area there's some great photo opportunities in Halifax, a load of old Mills have been sympathetically restored and it has a good Dickensian feel.

Cheers Bully, taken outside the Jack Wills factory shop on a proper cold night with my phone! Just wish those olde worlde lamps had been illuminated but I just left it as is, nowt frigged about with at all. If anyone is ever in the area there's some great photo opportunities in Halifax, a load of old Mills have been sympathetically restored and it has a good Dickensian feel.

I know Halifax quite well, along with a few of the other towns around that way.. I love the fact that much of the old industrial buildings still survive. Its such a shame that some of the old shop frontage of the dickensian era dont survice in as large a quantity up there as they do down here (I live not too far from Rochester..real Dickens ;) )
There was quite a bit of noise in that picture but I think it added to the charm particularly for the period. I chucked it into photoshop just to see what it would look like with a bit of very minor fiddling.. for a phone shot, I think its cracking personally but Im no pro :oops:

Well theres the winner for me... ajax... and thats taken with a phone!!!???

Thanks mate :)

Yeah just my iPhone... I was then going to do the same shot on my dslr but the train pulled in just as I was taking it out of my bag

Disappointing results with the telescope this month, not helped by lack of clear nights, so have opted for a landscape.

Disappointing results with the telescope this month, not helped by lack of clear nights, so have opted for a landscape.

I've seen that pic before... Has it definitely been taken during this month? :confused:

Lonz's first or second would have won for me. Wanted to go out and get something but time of year meant i was constantly busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back