Death Metal

Status
Not open for further replies.

I would probably lump them in with SOD, Nuclear Assault and Suicidal Tendencies, who tend to get referred to as hardcore or crossover thrash.

It was all 'thrash' up to about 1990.

Who are SOD? Is this something obvious that's going over my head?

What is the point of this post?
Just ignore him, he's been spouting the same boring crap on here for years, sees himself as some on fashion trendsetter, he's just after a rise.
Who are SOD? Is this something obvious that's going over my head?
Stormtroopers of Death - 2 of Anthrax, Dan Lilker from Nuclear Assault (and bunch other bands now, and some hardcore singer - they put out more punk album in the late 80's, very politically incorrect these days. Think they did abnother album a few years ago as well but know they have fell out with the vocalist.

Theve done some videos in lockdown as well, heres Mike Patton singing with them

Last edited:
I don't think so, I'm 32, live with my partner and 3 kids and I have a good job. My parents are still together and my Dad is my hero (apart from the fact he's a mag but we all have our faults).

I did enjoy the fact that someone who lives to wind people up on the internet considers simply liking a different kind of music to be silly and adolescent, so thanks for that :lol:
Wow that’s a sweeping generalisation. I’m glad you have a great life.

A couple of points.

I don’t live to wind people up.

I’m not a fan of death metal - I observe the people who like it and made an observation.

It’s just an opinion that I am perfectly entitled to hold. It was a rather pithy comment, that I will admit.

I want something else from my music but the fact we all don’t like the same thing is great.

Is it not just for silly adolescents who live with their mam and no father to provide life guidance.

Wow that’s a sweeping generalisation. I’m glad you have a great life.

A couple of points.

I don’t live to wind people up.

I’m not a fan of death metal - I observe the people who like it and made an observation.

It’s just an opinion that I am perfectly entitled to hold. It was a rather pithy comment, that I will admit.

I want something else from my music but the fact we all don’t like the same thing is great.
  1. Acted like a knob
  2. Called out
  3. Tail between legs
  4. Do one
Just ignore him, he's been spouting the same boring crap on here for years, sees himself as some on fashion trendsetter, he's just after a rise.

Stormtroopers of Death - 2 of Anthrax, Dan Lilker from Nuclear Assault (and bunch other bands now, and some hardcore singer - they put out more punk album in the late 80's, very politically incorrect these days. Think they did abnother album a few years ago as well but know they have fell out with the vocalist.

Theve done some videos in lockdown as well, heres Mike Patton singing with them

I'll check them out. I'm a big thrash fan albeit not too bothered about Anthrax but I love Suicidal Tendencies who you originally dropped them in the same group as.

Last edited:
  1. Acted like a knob
  2. Called out
  3. Tail between legs
  4. Do one

I'll check them out. I'm a big thrash fan albeit not too bothered about Anthrax but I love Suicidal Tendencies who you originally dropped them in the same group as.

Strange list

But ok I will play along

1. Adult
2. No idea what that means in real terms
3. No. Never.
4. One what?

Good game this.

SOD had Billy Milano as frontman. He was a header. He formed MOD method of destruction. Started of similar to SOD but went more hardcore. Check out USA for MOD.

Or people that appreciate the skills and dexterity to play complex arrangements at high speed...
Agreed that fast playing is a skill but whose work stirs the soul more?

Steve Vai is an incredible guiatrist but I could not hum one of his compositions

David Gilmour can play fewer notes but create some of the most memorable licks in the hisotry of music (Shine on you crazy diamond, wish you were here)

Anyway it doesnt really matter - jut like what you like.

Agreed that fast playing is a skill but whose work stirs the soul more?

Steve Vai is an incredible guiatrist but I could not hum one of his compositions

David Gilmour can play fewer notes but create some of the most memorable licks in the hisotry of music (Shine on you crazy diamond, wish you were here)

Anyway it doesnt really matter - jut like what you like.

Out: Shitty guitar music played and listened to by sweaty double denim gonks with receding mullets.

Why do you have to be converted? Can't you enjoy both? I love the Stone Roses and death metal.

Agree with this, horses for courses, I love thrash,particularly early Slayer, Testament, Machine Head, Metallica et al but my all time favourite two bands are Interpol and Radiohead. I'm only just discovering the earlier Black Metal stuff, some of it is as niche as you're likely to find, difficult to listen to at times but listen beyond the vocals, especially to early Mayhem and musically it's not too dissimilar to early Nirvana.

Agree with this, horses for courses, I love thrash,particularly early Slayer, Testament, Machine Head, Metallica et al but my all time favourite two bands are Interpol and Radiohead. I'm only just discovering the earlier Black Metal stuff, some of it is as niche as you're likely to find, difficult to listen to at times but listen beyond the vocals, especially to early Mayhem and musically it's not too dissimilar to early Nirvana.

I very much enjoy every band you just named. (And have seen, barring Nirvana).

I'm not sure if Gojira would be classed as 'Death Metal' as their music seems to transcend genres but I think they're pretty cool anyway:

Gojira for my money fall into that sub genre techno death like Cynic or Hellwitch.

Just like techno thrash for bands like Hades, Watchtower and.Sieges Even.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back