Dawson @ PaddyPower, Open Letter To Short

Status
Not open for further replies.

We didn't sell a huge chunk of the squad. More's the pity.

It's a bullshit , inaccurate statement from Andy "who the Fuck is he anyway" Dawson
Spot on. A lot of the garbage that relegated SAFC from the premiership
has now relegated us from the championship

His judgement, loans or not they were awful signings. I just don’t think he’s the right man for this job now.

His hands were tied, that was obvious. McBurnie was a top target, the club failed to sign him instead opting for Barnsley and he's done well.

Ashley was probably our only option in the end due to financial constraints. We had few goals in the team before Grabban left, our fate was effectively sealed when the transfer window closed and we failed to replace him.

Who were the 14?
Pickford, Mannone, Larsson, Defoe, Ndong, Papy, and Borini , Anichebe and Khazri were the ones you could class as first team players.

Lescott, Kirchhoff, Pienaar, Lens and Manquillo also left, with the exception of Lens, all were part of our squad last season and regardless of how shite they were, needed replacing.

I totally disagree. At the start of the season our squad was not worse than Burtons team of free transfers, Bolton's team of free transfers or even Millwall's that finished last season 6th in league one. Even if our team was worse than those at the start of the season, which it wasn't, it just proves that getting results isn't all about giving the manager funds.

I'm not ignoring anything else. The situation the club is in, it's unlikely we would have challenged for promotion this season, even with a good manager. The manager is to blame though, for us being 4 points adrift of Burton Albion at the bottom of the league.

There's absolutely no way Burton, Bolton and Millwall, to name just three clubs, had better teams than us at the start of the season. Some of our fans have been totally hoodwinked by Coleman.

Villa might not even go up this season. If we had spent what they did and not got promotion, we wouldn't have a club for much longer.

No, the option was better for the future of the club.

Yes I have. I would have made an approach for Warnock at the start of the season. If he turned us down, I would have appointed Alex Neil who was out of work.

Why would we do that? Clubs spend next to nowt in league one. A good manager in that division is much more important than transfer budget.

You are living in a fantasy world. We haven't got money to spend, and even if we did, we would still need a competent manager. Many clubs have tried to spend their way to promotion and failed.

You're deluded. Which players are you talking about? The evidence is there for all to see, they are not good enough, unsure why you think otherwise.

I totally disagree. At the start of the season our squad was not worse than Burtons team of free transfers, Bolton's team of free transfers or even Millwall's that finished last season 6th in league one. Even if our team was worse than those at the start of the season, which it wasn't, it just proves that getting results isn't all about giving the manager funds.

The standout reason we're going down from a playing perspective is keeper mistakes. Basically we took on any available cheap keeper as had no other option. If that wasn't down to lack of transfer funds I dont know what was.

Also those clubs you mention probably didn't need to sign nearly half a team on frees in the space of about 6 weeks.

You're deluded. Which players are you talking about? The evidence is there for all to see, they are not good enough, unsure why you think otherwise.
...and what's even more idiotic is that he fails to acknowledge the overriding importance of a settled team where the players were recruited by the manager to fill a particular role. Ours was ripped apart by relegation to be replaced by a bunch of loanees and freebies who'd never even met each other, yet it's all Coleman's fault.
I think you're being kind with 'deluded'.

Last edited:
You're deluded. Which players are you talking about? The evidence is there for all to see, they are not good enough, unsure why you think otherwise
You're deluded mate. The team hasn't been good enough, no argument. The players with better guidance could have done better.

...and what's even more idiotic is that he fails to acknowledge the overriding importance of a settled team where the players were recruited by the manager to fill a particular role. Ours was ripped apart by relegation to be replaced by a bunch of loanees and freebies who'd never even met each other, yet it's all Coleman's fault.
I do think a settled team is important, which is why I don't agree with the opinion on here that we need to get rid of most of the team next season and start again.

You need to get over this constant blaming the current manager crap because it ignores everything that led up to our current predicament and makes you sound ignorant.
And some people need to stop being blind to his abject failure.

Was it really?

O'Shea, Cattermole, Kone, Oviedo, Honeyman, Jones, McNair, Love, Gooch, Gibson and even friggin Adam Matthews were all here last season.

Eight of the starting 11 that beat Derby 4-1 the other week were Sunderland players in the Premier League last season.

Last edited:
Reactions: WHD
Pickford, Mannone, Larsson, Defoe, Ndong, Papy, and Borini , Anichebe and Khazri were the ones you could class as first team players.

Lescott, Kirchhoff, Pienaar, Lens and Manquillo also left, with the exception of Lens, all were part of our squad last season and regardless of how shite they were, needed replacing.
Thank you. Too much effort for me to type them all out :lol:

The standout reason we're going down from a playing perspective is keeper mistakes. Basically we took on any available cheap keeper as had no other option. If that wasn't down to lack of transfer funds I dont know what was.

Also those clubs you mention probably didn't need to sign nearly half a team on frees in the space of about 6 weeks.
I agree that has been a major contributing factor. I also think both Grayson and Coleman are culpable for bringing in these keepers. There must have been better options available, even on frees. Ffs, even Stryjek couldn't have done worse and if we'd had just played him the club would have saved two wages at the very least.

Our problem is constantly buying shite players. How can our scouting be so f***ing useless for so long and not 1 thing has been done about it? Who are the scouts and how are they all so f***ing blind!? Why does nobody question them after bringing in so many totally incompetent players!?

It was only when BSA came in, with his own "trusted" men, that we actually saw some decent signings that pushed us on. Bruce also had an alright scouting network I guess too (tho he did end up selling his good buys and buying shite also in the end!).

And some people need to stop being blind to his abject failure.
You're right of course, let's start yet another season by appointing yet another manager late in the transfer window, as he tries to assess his inherited squad we'll tout the players around to any interested parties in a fund raising effort, whilst the transfer window (in which he'll be given no support anyway) slams shut.
Then let's play Celtic again.

That squad had more than enough talent in it to finish top half. The simple fact is that the senior players have become accustomed to being rewarded handsomely for failure, and don't have the desire to put in 100% effort any more. Their cancerous attitude affects the rest of the squad who see far more talented players effectively downing tools. The young ones cant win games on their own because its 6 or 7 v 11 every week. The fans are used to failure now, and the stadium on match-day is a depressing place to be - Darren Bent said this after last Saturday. You have 5 players who cant be arsed and 6 younger players who need those 5 to support them v 11 bang average, but gutsy footballers. That is why we've been turned over by Barnsley, Burton, Ipswich, Brentford, Preston, Bolton, Birmingham etc, none of whom have players with the talent that some of our squad have, but choose not to display.

Until this cancer is cut from the club totally, there will continue to be a losing mentality.

Every single one of the Allardyce squad bar Watmore needs to be disposed of.
Anybody over 25 has to go.

I agree that has been a major contributing factor. I also think both Grayson and Coleman are culpable for bringing in these keepers. There must have been better options available, even on frees. Ffs, even Stryjek couldn't have done worse and if we'd had just played him the club would have saved two wages at the very least.
To be fair mate, you or I would have been better options than what was brought in.

Strange how other clubs finished miles ahead of us and spent less. It's almost like the transfer budget wasn't the main problem.
This ^ the manager (both) and players were the main problem. The
squad wth the right attitude and managed properly were more than capable of survival. IMO the ***** took advantage of the malaise as an excuse to fail

You're right of course, let's start yet another season by appointing yet another manager late in the transfer window, as he tries to assess his inherited squad we'll tout the players around to any interested parties in a fund raising effort, whilst the transfer window (in which he'll be given no support anyway) slams shut.
Then let's play Celtic again.
Who says it has to be late in the transfer window?

Mind, with Bain in charge of getting a new manager (if required), it will most likely be a farce anyway.

Strange how other clubs finished miles ahead of us and spent less. It's almost like the transfer budget wasn't the main problem.

Clubs who didn't bring in 16 players for an average of £90k each you mean? Clubs that didn't lose almost anyone capable of kicking a ball straight from the previous season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back