Dawson @ PaddyPower, Open Letter To Short

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did they really? Who implemented the plan? This is Bolton who were almost wound up and subject of a transfer embargo. Maybe they just had capable managers?

I really don't think he deserves time at all. His total failure against the clubs around us (or should I say the ones out of reach but directly above us) highlights to me he hasn't got what it takes. These are the types of club we'll be playing next season and to get promotion we'll need to be winning almost every week.

I'd sack him and offer the job to Mick McCarthy.
They do. Look at Bolton's squad. All free transfers and trialists. Phil Parkinson built that side in League 1. He knew what type of player he needed. Millwall are the same. We just got what was could.

Mick McCarthy would be a good option if we are looking to go down the route of wheeling and dealing and looking for good players for nowt.

Yeah I agree with that. Tbh I think we need to stop thinking of money and just sign the player we need.
That's what Bolton are doing.

They do. Look at Bolton's squad. All free transfers and trialists. Phil Parkinson built that side in League 1. He knew what type of player he needed. Millwall are the same. We just got what was could.
Yes, so the managers (i.e. competent ones) implemented the plan.
Mick McCarthy would be a good option if we are looking to go down the route of wheeling and dealing and looking for good players for nowt.
That is exactly what we'll be doing.

Did they really? Who implemented the plan? This is Bolton who were almost wound up and subject of a transfer embargo. Maybe they just had capable managers?

I really don't think he deserves time at all. His total failure against the clubs around us (or should I say the ones out of reach but directly above us) highlights to me he hasn't got what it takes. These are the types of club we'll be playing next season and to get promotion we'll need to be winning almost every week.

I'd sack him and offer the job to Mick McCarthy.

McCarthy? :neutral: No way.

You're completely refusing to accept the obstacles that Coleman has had to contend with. Bent came off the bench and scored against us on Saturday. Based on Fletcher's recent form, Bent would have walked into our side.

McCarthy? :neutral: No way.

You're completely refusing to accept the obstacles that Coleman has had to contend with. Bent came off the bench and scored against us on Saturday. Based on Fletcher's recent form, Bent would have walked into our side.
If only short had gave Coleman money to buy Bent like Burton did instead of us having to get a player on loan like Fletcher.

The option taken was better for the continued viability of the limited company. Administration is no fun for the fans either.
But Short could sustain the viability of the limited company if he wanted to.
I'm not interested in his disposable income, whether he needs to sell other portions of his empire to do it, if he wanted to he could.
And don't tell me it's unreasonable of me to suggest he did that as I find it unreasonable of him to expect any of the money he put in back as it's been wasted on his disastrous decisions.

Yes, so the managers (i.e. competent ones) implemented the plan.

That is exactly what we'll be doing.
The club set the structure, methods, budget and plans. The manager will have an idea what type of player he wants needs. It would seem the board are more concerned about who to get rid off than who to buy.

We didn't really dismantle our squad like did we.
Pickford, dodgy body, ndong, borini , lens, khasri, lens defoe would all have been first tamers, add in manone as back up keeper and injuries to watmore macnairs etc and we were pretty stripped down. We still should have been good enough to stay up, but bought more shit. Maybe if we could have sold them loan players instead of loaning them out short might have pumped some more money back in, but im 99 % sure he wouldn't have.

Or like Bolton , Burton or even Millwall who've all spent less than us and are above us? We didn't need an "entire squad" either. We're up to our eyeballs in debt yet to many supporters the answer is "spend more money". The reason we've been relegated is bad management and not lack of transfer budget.

And before you say, I know Short is responsible for the debt.
Burton, Bolton and Millwall all had at the beginning of the season a togetherness and hunger. Money can't buy you that. But getting in a few experienced heads, or a couple of big units would have helped us massively. Loans, kids, and steele is what we opted for .

From what I've read and heard from Bain, next season is going to be much worse

If he's still here and short is our owner, why wouldn't it be??

Hopefully, there will be substantial progress in paying down the debt, but nothing either of them have done indicates they are capable of assembling a competitive team.

The only good news, is we should be able to do that for relative buttons in that league... a price point short will undoubtedly like. That doesn't mean Bain will be successful at it by any stretch.

If he's still here and short is our owner, why wouldn't it be??

Hopefully, there will be substantial progress in paying down the debt, but nothing either of them have done indicates they are capable of assembling a competitive team.

The only good news, is we should be able to do that for relative buttons in that league... a price point short will undoubtedly like. That doesn't mean Bain will be successful at it by any stretch.
Anyone who thinks next season is going to be a bit easier needs to look at some of the teams down there..Sunderland will be a massive scalp, unless the players recruited are hard as fecking nails.

I agree with both points

But if people are saying we could have spent 10s of millions this season are just unrealistic

We didn't sell enough players to allow that

With the benefit of hindsight even given the time injury’s we carried we only needed a quality goalkeeper and a proven goal scorer at this level( one of which we had on loan for first half of season) and we would have stayed up.
To be comfortable in the league add an experienced but mobile centre half.
That’s not 10s of millions. £ 15 m at most for all three, assuming were not loans.

Short been running Sunderland like a restaurant with no cameras and employees stealing money and Short wondering why his restaurant is not making money. Some employees have left kick out for nothing others went on to bigger and better opportunities & we are left with the real thieves in the kitchen still stealing for a living note Rodwell!!!!!

Oh I don’t know.. I think Lens and Billybodgy were found out and dismissed.

If only short had gave Coleman money to buy Bent like Burton did instead of us having to get a player on loan like Fletcher.

Yes and it might have attracted all sorts of sponsorship activity from the likes of weightwatchers.

Last edited:
Yes and it might have attracted all sorts of sponsorship activity from the likes of weightwatchers.
Tell that to the poster who said bent would walk into our side.

Burton, Bolton and Millwall all had at the beginning of the season a togetherness and hunger. Money can't buy you that.
It seems every other club had this, but it strangely eluded us. Nowt to do with the manager though.

With the benefit of hindsight even given the time injury’s we carried we only needed a quality goalkeeper and a proven goal scorer at this level( one of which we had on loan for first half of season) and we would have stayed up.
To be comfortable in the league add an experienced but mobile centre half.
That’s not 10s of millions. £ 15 m at most for all three, assuming were not loans.

Oh I don’t know.. I think Lens and Billybodgy were found out and dismissed.

Yeah I agree like not saying we didn't some investment

But I just don't think we know who to sign, and not convinced more money would have solved that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back