Dawson @ PaddyPower, Open Letter To Short

Haway man ? Building an entire squad on half a mill is a problem. Had we spent the coin we would be sorted just like wolves the mags or villa

So your only solution was for us to spend 50 million?

ffs man.

But they didn't sell a huge chunk of their first team did they. To think the transfer budget wasnt the main problem is incredible.

Neither did we, hardly sold anyone

Which is part of the problem

We sold 2 players for money

2!!!!

Haway man ? Building an entire squad on half a mill is a problem. Had we spent the coin we would be sorted just like wolves the mags or villa
Or like Bolton , Burton or even Millwall who've all spent less than us and are above us? We didn't need an "entire squad" either. We're up to our eyeballs in debt yet to many supporters the answer is "spend more money". The reason we've been relegated is bad management and not lack of transfer budget.

And before you say, I know Short is responsible for the debt.

ffs man.

2!!!!

We returned a lot of loan players and loaned out a few ourselves. You know the point I was trying to make. But i get your point and agree. Although we did get 30 million for pickford!

Or like Bolton , Burton or even Millwall who've all spent less than us and are above us? We didn't need an "entire squad" either. We're up to our eyeballs in debt yet to many supporters the answer is "spend more money". The reason we've been relegated is bad management and not lack of transfer budget.

And before you say, I know Short is responsible for the debt.
No. The main reason is totally starving the managers of funds to being players in bearing in mind the state of the squad at the start of the season.

You need to get over this constant blaming the current manager crap because it ignores everything that led up to our current predicament and makes you sound ignorant.

I agree with both points

But if people are saying we could have spent 10s of millions this season are just unrealistic

We didn't sell enough players to allow that

But they didn't sell a huge chunk of their first team did they. To think the transfer budget wasnt the main problem is incredible.

We didn't sell a huge chunk of the squad. More's the pity.

It's a bullshit , inaccurate statement from Andy "who the Fuck is he anyway" Dawson

Last edited:

ffs man.

2!!!!
Not my solution, the only solution, the price only goes up as each year passes if we want to be something

It might be, but we didn't do that - a number of players came down with us and stuck around.

What we did bring in however, regardless of the cost, was absolute shite, coupled with an absolute stink around the club both on and off of the pitch, that's what brought this about.

Would more cash have sorted it? Probably. But being run in a competent and efficient manner would likely have kept our heads above water too despite the minimal investment available.

Small chance of that from this regime, they're about as much use as a marzipan dildo.

Last edited:
We're a use case white paper about how to waste money, fire managers with high frequency and rely on the loan market to hire uncommitted mercenaries... all rolled up to build a gutless, loser playing culture where the sum of the parts is much less than the total it should be.

Back