Dark beer lovers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh I’m not sure mate? It was superb like so I’m guessing so.

I’ll give it a go if I see it anywhere. Tried it twice first time around, in different bars, and was massively underwhelmed. Love stouts though so willing to give it another chance. Where did you have it?

Sauce of the Niall is still one of the best stouts I’ve ever had. Wish someone would do that again!

I’ll give it a go if I see it anywhere. Tried it twice first time around, in different bars, and was massively underwhelmed. Love stouts though so willing to give it another chance. Where did you have it?

Sauce of the Niall is still one of the best stouts I’ve ever had. Wish someone would do that again!
William Jameson’s mate, this was a few weeks ago.

Disappointing lack of stouts and porters in the supermarkets, I do love the Guinness Milk Stout but can rarely get my hands on anything new to try.

This bit from Wikipedia supports your assertion regarding its strength:

"In 2012 its ABV was lowered from 3% to 2.8% in order to qualify for duty relief. "

I can't really drink a load of dark beers when I'm sitting in the house. 5/6 would probably be my limit before I have to go on brandy or whisky so i prefer to try and pick up stuff which is stronger. I sometimes pick up some Trappiste beers which I like, Chimay/Westmalle etc they are pretty good. I think Chimay Blue is 9% and absolutely flies down.

Orinoco from Sainsbury's -Mocha Milk Stout and Jet Black Heart from Brewdog, two of my favourites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back