Dark beer lovers!!

I can't be doing with overly expensive beer mind. Not in cans anyway. I've paid £5 a pint for some stuff in my local but that was absolutely top notch.
That's more a treat than anything. If it's over £3.50 a pint, it better be absolutely brilliant

Blueberry waffle stout. Would be a fiver a can in places like Lou's, Hop Knocker etc.

It was reduced to £2 a can a couple of weeks ago so got a couple, along with the 7% hazy Vocation IPA they stock as well.

Went to another Tesco today and they’d sold out of it :lol: Not having much luck!

Bought a Cloudwater imperial stout yesterday for a tenner :eek: Hope it’s nice...

Got to give a mention to Durham Brewery's Russian Imperial Stout, especially the limited edition aged in a whisky barrel. Comes in at around 11%, so it's one to savour on a winter evening when the toddler has (finally) gone to sleep. But very rich and much smoother on the palate than you'd expect at that strength.

Dunno if they're still doing it, but they also had a white stout. Looked like a bitter, tasted like a stout. Hard getting my head round it at first, but an interesting idea.

Haven't got many dark beers in my collection. Is there a local /regional variety I should be looking out for when am back next ?
I take it you are Danish by your avatar?
I visit Copenhagen on a regular basis as I'm a big fan of the Danish national team. You have two beers I've tried over there and like. One is Rode Tuborg, the other is Jacobsen brown ale. Better than what we have here IMO. You should import that rather than bog standard Fizzy Carlsberg.

Last edited:
Got to give a mention to Durham Brewery's Russian Imperial Stout, especially the limited edition aged in a whisky barrel. Comes in at around 11%, so it's one to savour on a winter evening when the toddler has (finally) gone to sleep. But very rich and much smoother on the palate than you'd expect at that strength.

Dunno if they're still doing it, but they also had a white stout. Looked like a bitter, tasted like a stout. Hard getting my head round it at first, but an interesting idea.

Temptation is the Imperial stout. Very nice but I struggle to really enjoy anything that strong. Tried the white stout in Fitzies years ago and wasn't fussed.

Back