Dark beer lovers!!

I can highly recommend Guinness Milk Stout and Guinness West Indies Porter. Beautiful tasty pints (or 500mls).

Available on 4 for £6 in Mozzas Seaburn. Well it was, until our lass bought the last four bottles for me this lunchtime. But they'll get more in.

The West Indies Porter is superb stuff.

Supping a glass as I type this.

Re. milk stout, I'm considering obtaining some lactose to add to normal Guinness to make it sweeter. I used to love Murphys when it was available on draught, simply because it was like a sweeter Guinness.
You have your lass well trained marra:D
@Tees Exile canny lad anarl as a Boldon exile iirc:D See his avatar, well a similar one, going back to camp every night after work atm

The border between stout and porter has been blurred in recent years. Originally they were similar beer with one being stout (strong) and the other being less so.
What is worth remembering is the fact that both were originally English beers. While Guinness is decent beer there is no love involved in its production.
There are much better stouts and porters available in both England and Ireland.

I really like both of these. Love the Raven on draft at Poetic Licence.
I can highly recommend Guinness Milk Stout and Guinness West Indies Porter. Beautiful tasty pints (or 500mls).

Available on 4 for £6 in Mozzas Seaburn. Well it was, until our lass bought the last four bottles for me this lunchtime. But they'll get more in.

Combined with Henry Weston’s for a Black Velvet week gone Saturday :cool:
My liver is still screaming :lol:

Weston’s Vintage? Asking for trouble that mind.

When I first started going down the town as a callow youth I used to buy 4 bottles of it for ‘pre-drinks’. I hoyed my ring up a lot in those days :lol:

Had Black Maxim by Maxim the other week, absolutely splendid stuff.

Have they improved it from when it was first released a few years ago? I'll try it again if they have. First time around it was a bland dark mild. Nothing "stouty" about it at all.

Agree with the OP, the two he mentions are canny enough for supermarket beers. The Dublin porter is shit however.

Have they improved it from when it was first released a few years ago? I'll try it again if they have. First time around it was a bland dark mild. Nothing "stouty" about it at all.

Agree with the OP, the two he mentions are canny enough for supermarket beers. The Dublin porter is shit however.
Oh I’m not sure mate? It was superb like so I’m guessing so.

Back