Daily Mail article on Maja transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Previous regime should have had him tied down for starter. Yes Donald should have also but he had a lot to deal with when he came in. Its a time old problem Sunderland never learn, we have to start replacing players before we sell. Some of the criticism of the dynamic duo is well over the top.

his soclitors are already dealding withe the mail about the last lot of lies..those lies were very obvious though..this is different..i mean there is some stuff in it trhats clearly bollox..but none thats actionable..and most of ot os stuff donald long ago confirmed..
Absolute nonsense

was there a dispute with lyle taylor about wages?
i thought it was about he wanted to live inn london..and he said himself wages never came into it didnt he?

they do pay bouses..or at leat did offer such to maja..
theg said they wont pay appearance money..which is a different thing..
They said they wouldnt pay goal bonus as they're not paying them twice and that's what a striker is paid to do anyway.

In fairness it fits the stories doing the rounds at the time. The only reason it has come out now is that there is no real football news and STID has been released so it's a hot topic. I'd imagine Maja and his agent want their side of the story to come out, which is only fair.

The truth is somewhere in the middle. Either way you look at it, Donald was made to look like a fool.

That's if you believe the story, which I don't..

Hasn’t made a pigs ear of it ? The last time I looked we had the worst team in our history.
He didn't get us relegated!!! He wasn't in charge then,, all this we were the lowest league position in our history I couldn't give a shit about its about where we finish at the end of the season. ( if the season gets finished 😀)
He had tried to sell the club twice well before that fan statement came out.
He hasn't, he looked for investment into the club
So why did he try to sell to Mark Campbell last summer, I don't recall fans wanting him out at that point?
He didnt try n sell to Campbell. Donald said if someone came in and had the money to take the club further than he could he would talk to the buyer. Campbell came in to try n buy thee club and couldn't prove that he had any more money that donald and co therefore was dismissed early on in the talks. As it was proved as Campbell couldn't even take over Falkirk when he tried
What about the Grigg saying? Appointing Ross? The failure to secure the FPP deal?

According to you he's the perfect owner who never lies.
Nobody said he was perfect, but the deal for the fpp was for investment not takeover, the takeover talks didn't last very long as they were more interested in investing for now. Grigg everyone was happy about at the time how can the owner forsee that someone with his record in this league would fail. The mistake he made was panicking and over paying for him. Ross wasn't a mistake he only just missed out on promotion and when he was sacked we were higher than where we are now. If we had won that playoff game you wouldn't be saying it was a mistake!! Fickle fans

Last edited:
I'm fairly sure in one of their first podcast appearances they said they wouldn't pay goal bonuses either. I think their argument was they're already getting paid to do a job so why should they, being strikers in this case, get more money on top for doing their job.
They said that definitely

He didn't get us relegated!!! He wasn't in charge then,, all this we were the lowest league position in our history I couldn't give a shit about its about where we finish at the end of the season. ( if the season gets finished 😀)

He hasn't, he looked for investment into the club

He didnt try n sell to Campbell. Donald said if someone came in and had the money to take the club further than he could he would talk to the buyer. Campbell came in to try n buy thee club and couldn't prove that he had any more money that donald and co therefore was dismissed early on in the talks. As it was proved as Campbell couldn't even take over Falkirk when he tried

Nobody said he was perfect, but the deal for the fpp was for investment not takeover, the takeover talks didn't last very long as they were more interested in investing for now. Grigg everyone was happy about at the time how can the owner forsee that someone with his record in this league would fail. The mistake he made was panicking and over paying for him. Ross wasn't a mistake he only just missed out on promotion and when he was sacked we were higher than where we are now. If we had won that playoff game you wouldn't be saying it was a mistake!! Fickle fans
But we didn't get promoted. If England had of beaten Iceland and Big Sam had of stayed we'd be in the PL. I said it at the time that Grigg was a good signing but not at that price. Grigg has a poor record in the Championship and at 28 has no sell on value.

We had 2 changes at promotion. This time last year we had it in our own hands. By the end of the month we were more or less out of the automatic promotion picture.

Maybe we are fickle or maybe we don't accept failure.
At face value for arguments sake, did the contract talks fail for £500 a week or the release fee?
It doesn't make sense unless Sunderland's valuation was much higher, £3.5 million seems cheap for a 20+ goal a season striker.
Considering players were going for £6m in League One it's very low.

Last edited:
But we didn't get promoted. If England had of beaten Iceland and Big Sam had of stayed we'd be in the PL. I said it at the time that Grigg was a good signing but not at that price. Grigg has a poor record in the Championship and at 28 has no sell on value.

We had 2 changes at promotion. This time last year we had it in our own hands. By the end of the month we were more or less out of the automatic promotion picture.

It's not about accepting failure, still don't think people understand how much of a mess this club was in when they took over, on and off the pitch. They had a 2 yr plan to get promoted if they don't get up this year then it's a failure. Although I'm not convinced we will even get the chance to finish this season

At face value for arguments sake, did the contract talks fail for £500 a week or the release fee?
It doesn't make sense unless Sunderland's valuation was much higher, £3.5 million seems cheap for a 20+ goal a season striker.
whe has maja scored 20 goals in a seaosn...grigg has in this league and we paid less than £3.5m for him..so he must be very cheap inndeed by your "logic"

were the players going for £6m players who had premier league interest and a longer track record of achievement than maja by any chance?

I don’t know who they got the information off.

Why would they put a 3.5 million release fee in when they turned down 2 million in the summer from Leeds?

Last week Maja was getting 40 grand a week according to some paper. Now he’s not even on half of that.

laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back