Daily Mail article on Maja transfer

Ross never liaised with him for transfers, he met him to see whhat his plans were if he took over, which turned out he didn't get very far as he didn't have the backing to make us any better off

I'm fairly sure the Jack Ross interview in The Athletic following his sacking, another thing which was handled poorly, states he was liaising about transfers. I'll try to dig it out.

he had also done more than Justin but it was years ago when he moved. You sound similar to those who didn’t think we would get over £10m for Pickford
i didnt hink we would get £30m for pickford but certainly over 10...
justin had played three seasons of adult football when he moved...maja has one in 17 in the championship and a half a good season in league one..
I'm fairly sure the Jack Ross interview in The Athletic following his sacking, another thing which was handled poorly, states he was liaising about transfers. I'll try to dig it out.
i think ive read that before..liasing may be slightly the wrong word..but conversations happened for sure..

No Stewart Donald apologista but…

Football agent gets his contact who he feeds shit to day in, day out, on the biggest c**t of a newspaper in the world (or maybe the second biggest) to write a story to make him look less of a c**t.

I thought we were all savvy to this kinda shit now.
If you sell your goals you ask for trouble , we've done it for years , Donald took advise over maja which was shite advise then didn't take advise over will grigg , you couldn't make it up , they should have given the youngster 20k a week , balloon comes to mind

i didnt hink we would get £30m for pickford but certainly over 10...
justin had played three seasons of adult football when he moved...maja has one in 17 in the championship and a half a good season in league one..

i think ive read that before..liasing may be slightly the wrong word..but conversations happened for sure..

I'm not sure how to post images but part of it says: "...with Donald's consent, the US based businessman was in daily contact with Ross about new signings. His associates were ensconced at the training ground. And then...nothing."

To me that reads as things were a little bit more serious than a few talks about a take over.

From what I read, it seemed like rather than gamble on a couple of hundred grand on the wages of someone who was delivering, they gambled a few mill on someone they hoped would.

The "What if he scores a hat-trick in the final?" comment by Donald summed it up. Talking like someone with a gambling addiction convincing himself this huge bet would be the one to come off. All the people with greater experience were telling him not to and he just ignored them to play Champ Man.

Exactly, but some people just can't seem to accept that...
I can. I believed that from the start.
From what I read, it seemed like rather than gamble on a couple of hundred grand on the wages of someone who was delivering, they gambled a few mill on someone they hoped would.

The "What if he scores a hat-trick in the final?" comment by Donald summed it up. Talking like someone with a gambling addiction convincing himself this huge bet would be the one to come off. All the people with greater experience were telling him not to and he just ignored them to play L1 Man.
Tidied

Last edited:
Yet the club invited him to the play offs and he was around the whole summer. Another mistake from Donald then.
Yep, probably the biggest mistake of all, if what I heard is correct that JR was allowed to speak to Campbell about transfer targets, this only really suggests it was set to be a majority shareholding and a massive mistake that must have hindered JR in that precious pre season time, when key decisions are made on recruitment, so yes imo a huge mistake yet again by SD that cost us big time, this all happened because SD wasn’t able to see that Campbell was a complete waste of space, from Campbell coming in March till it was called off in the middle of July # totally clueless on every level.

The 3.5m buyout clause was unacceptable.
But Donald looked like an idiot wanting to get 1m more from him and then paying 4m on Grigg. They should've kept him until summer if he was willing to stay and be professional about it.

Bit in that article saying that Maja's agent will get £500K over course of his contract at Bordeaux (and that determined by rules set out by French FA)? On STID it was stated that agent would get £1M.

increasingly thinking that CM had a big influence in the STID edit

PWhopperSAFC still dreaming a bloke who failed at Eastleigh can successfully run Sunderland.

you could be right..i cant quite remember if they said that or not..but im certainly not going to state they didnt say it because they definitely commented on that general theme.
quinny got rid of bosnues for not geting relegated which seems very sesible..but there has to be a bonus structure somewhere.

Why?

Do you get a bonus? I certainly don't. I get my day rate. That is it.

If this is true it’s classic Sunderland. Refuse to pay for players we want and end up panicking and over paying for players not good enough.
We do seem to be stuck in the most horrible of Groundhog Day repeat loops when it comes to these situations.

The one thing the Netflix coverage of the whole Grigg signing has definitely guaranteed is that Donald will never be taken seriously in any future negotiations. The bad news is this includes when it’s time to try and cash his chips in. Everyone knows he has no poker face and will take him for every last penny.

You are a 3rd Division club. Maja / his agent / everybody concerned with him had rather outgrown that. Ridiculous to consider that he was ever going to stay beyond that window.

You are a 3rd Division club. Maja / his agent / everybody concerned with him had rather outgrown that. Ridiculous to consider that he was ever going to stay beyond that window.
He was an unemployed footballer six months previously. We released him as part of a clear out then preseason started and we realised we had no forwards! So he came back. Possibly on a lower wage? If he’d had a bunch of offers on the table I doubt he would’ve returned.
I know I wouldn’t. I don’t blame him at all for leaving.

Back