Daily Mail article on Maja transfer

Before the Coronavirus pandemic brought football to a halt Maja was Bordeaux's joint top scorer this season with eight goals in eight starts and 16 substitute appearances, contributing a goal or assist every 81 minutes.
Sounds like he's starting to make the grade.

If this is true, Donald allows the Maja deal to fail, for the sake of £500 a month (our "final offer" of £7,500 versus their counter offer of £8,000 - possibly less, if there was scope to compromise at £7,750), yet outbids himself on several occasions to get Grigg for a reported £3m - £4m (plus whatever wages he's on, which are presumably at least as high as those offered to Maja), despite advice from Ross & Hill that Grigg wasn't worth more than around £1m - £1.5m (I can't recall the exact figure, but it was of that order). I watched the Maja/Grigg negotiation episode on STID 2. It's difficult to conclude other than that he (Donald) doesn't have a clue. He'd be a dream to negotiate against, if this is indicative of his usual approach. Heart ruling head, the ego must be fed....

Last edited:
Cue loads of Donald’s arse lickers coming on with “Daily Mail” and the “laughing emoji”.
To be fair why in earth would anyone believe the daily mail
Since when has the Daily Heil ever wanted to do anything other than stir the shit with SAFC? I wouldn't trust them if they said grass was green.
Many on here will believe it just to have another go bat thee owners even though they k ow the daily mail is full of shit normally

Last edited:
To be fair why in earth would anyone believe the daily mail

Many on here will believe it just to have another go bat thee owners even though they k ow the daily mail is full of shit normally
It'll be interesting to see if Donald takes any legal action against the Mail. Whether or not there's truth in their reporting on the Maja negotiations, Donald's tactics on the Grigg negotiations beggared belief. Incompetent barely scratches the surface.

It'll be interesting to see if Donald takes any legal action against the Mail. Whether or not there's truth in their reporting on the Maja negotiations, Donald's tactics on the Grigg negotiations beggared belief. Incompetent barely scratches the surface.
Donald has made mistakes as he admits the grigg transfer was 1 of them, he panicked because we needed a striker. That's why he has stepped back from transfers and brought in David Jones. Wasnt it the mail who had to print a apology to him or was that the sun I get lost off

Back