D’Acqua

Thank you all for kind comments.

We know there are plenty of questions to be asked etc however we are testing the water. Yes the business is a success and has been since opening. We have achieved more than we ever thought we would.

Now is the time to start planning for the future. The restaurant is being sold as a going concern as mentioned in my statement which means everything involved with the business including the staff we currently employ.

The figures for that year stated are over trading 4.5 days as we have been closed Sunday nights, Mondays and Tuesdays, so yes the business is a beast to be honest. We have created a hugely successful business in the 'quieter' end of town without and grands or funding for anyone. So we will always be proud of what we have brought to Sunderland's restaurant scene (even if it is not to everyone's taste) which we totally understand.

Thank you all once more and we will carry on doing what we do until hopefully new passionate owner or owners come forward. All the best everyone.
Good luck in whatever you do, your business is a credit to you and your family, well done.
It’s such a shame your calling it a day one day soon.

Be brave folks taking on a restaurant in the present climes of massively reduced footfall, reduced capacity, social distancing and then all the cleaning that will be needed between customers like

Asking price halved due to Corona.

Fantastic deal for someone.
It’s not really, you aren’t really getting a lot for your money. You are getting the branding but everyone knows it’s changing hands. The biggest asset is Jimmy really as head chef. He did a great job of making everyone feel important and got it quite a loyal following but they’re mostly loyal to him. The branding isn’t going to keep this people coming back. The building is rented and not in a great location, I’m amazed they pulled it off in there. The next owners will struggle I reckon.

with it being underground i felt really claustrophobic in there so was glad to leave, nothing on the starter took my fancy either and the band was shit

Back