D’Acqua

To make a wage for yourself, missus and employees and walk away with 70k+ a year profit is outstanding I’d say. Any business that gives you a living and makes nearly a million pound in 10 year is a belter. Just shows if you get it right there is money there to be made. But you are right about John St,
That's if they take one - but aye, I agree.

I can’t see them not. I thought of that but they would not be able to sell it. It would just close. Mind the price of the business and it’s location could hinder it. I would think they would be asking £200k with them numbers which is a lot considering you can start a fresh anywhere in the city for a small fraction of that. I know you are buying the name but it means nowt in that game I’d imagine.
I know that lass in Ryhope is trying to sell her hair dressing business has had that up for while now. Her problem is anyone wanting to start up a similar shop can do so for about 2k.

I can’t see them not. I thought of that but they would not be able to sell it. It would just close. Mind the price of the business and it’s location could hinder it. I would think they would be asking £200k with them numbers which is a lot considering you can start a fresh anywhere in the city for a small fraction of that. I know you are buying the name but it means nowt in that game I’d imagine.
I know that lass in Ryhope is trying to sell her hair dressing business has had that up for while now. Her problem is anyone wanting to start up a similar shop can do so for about 2k.
£150k leasehold.

Wonder if they'd be buying everything pretty much as is? Would make a big difference if you were basically walking into an established restaurant ready to go. If you need to fully refit and kit out the kitchen and everything then it might not be so attractive a proposition.

Wonder if they'd be buying everything pretty much as is? Would make a big difference if you were basically walking into an established restaurant ready to go. If you need to fully refit and kit out the kitchen and everything then it might not be so attractive a proposition.
To me, the chef must surely be the most important thing? If they're staying and doing the menu then it should remain the same? Restaurants go to pot when chefs change.

To me, the chef must sure be the most important thing?
This is the thing.
£150k leasehold.
Not bad on them numbers. Like @chriswallace85 said the main thing would be to look at the owners salaries taken out over the last 5/6 year. To be fair they sound great people and obviously no reason to doubt them. It’s more a pity they have decided to move on. The city needs people like them in business.

Last edited:
To me, the chef must surely be the most important thing? If they're staying and doing the menu then it should remain the same? Restaurants go to pot when chefs change.
Of course the chef is the most important thing. They aren't looking to stay tho so you'd be buying a restaurant which needed staffing throughout. A ready-made restaurant.

This is the thing.

Not bad on them numbers. Like @chriswallace85 said the main thing would be to look at the owners salaries taken out over the last 5/6 year. To be fair they sound great people and obviously no reason to doubt them. It’s more a pity they have decided to move on. The city needs people like them in business.
Aye, wish him well whatever he ends up doing.

I'd imagine the husband and wife take dividends out of that.
It's being sold as is, but obviously the chef won't be staying.
Nobody misses a frankie and bennys. Overpriced shite.
I miss it. Cheapest breakfast in town.

Last edited:

its being sold with fixtures and fittings , 13 years left on the lease

Back