D’Acqua

Thank you all for kind comments.

We know there are plenty of questions to be asked etc however we are testing the water. Yes the business is a success and has been since opening. We have achieved more than we ever thought we would.

Now is the time to start planning for the future. The restaurant is being sold as a going concern as mentioned in my statement which means everything involved with the business including the staff we currently employ.

The figures for that year stated are over trading 4.5 days as we have been closed Sunday nights, Mondays and Tuesdays, so yes the business is a beast to be honest. We have created a hugely successful business in the 'quieter' end of town without and grands or funding for anyone. So we will always be proud of what we have brought to Sunderland's restaurant scene (even if it is not to everyone's taste) which we totally understand.

Thank you all once more and we will carry on doing what we do until hopefully new passionate owner or owners come forward. All the best everyone.

We know there are plenty of questions to be asked etc however we are testing the water. Yes the business is a success and has been since opening. We have achieved more than we ever thought we would.

Now is the time to start planning for the future. The restaurant is being sold as a going concern as mentioned in my statement which means everything involved with the business including the staff we currently employ.

The figures for that year stated are over trading 4.5 days as we have been closed Sunday nights, Mondays and Tuesdays, so yes the business is a beast to be honest. We have created a hugely successful business in the 'quieter' end of town without and grands or funding for anyone. So we will always be proud of what we have brought to Sunderland's restaurant scene (even if it is not to everyone's taste) which we totally understand.

Thank you all once more and we will carry on doing what we do until hopefully new passionate owner or owners come forward. All the best everyone.
Hope everything works out for you marra.

Good luck to you and your lass for the future whatever you decide to do. 👍🏼

The best restaurant in Sunderland bar none mate.
I hope wherever you do in the future is a success.

Good luck to you and your family mate.

Always had a warm welcome and will be happy to support new owners. Change is good, wishing you well for whatever your future brings.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do next Jimmy.

Really hope this doesn't close its a gem, I go several times a year

No other restaurant comes to mind in Sunderland for proper dining out that's a step up from run of the mill indian/Italian eateries

Nope. Apparently not.
Didn't think so. I'd imagine you'd buy the business and then take on the lease (subject to council approval presuming they're the landlord). Then you'll pay rent/rates to the landlord.

Sounds like it's a fair price without knowing all the details. Would be a complete bargain if Jimmy would stay on as chef!

Best of luck for the future Jimmy.

Didn't think so. I'd imagine you'd buy the business and then take on the lease (subject to council approval presuming they're the landlord). Then you'll pay rent/rates to the landlord.

Sounds like it's a fair price without knowing all the details. Would be a complete bargain if Jimmy would stay on as chef!

Best of luck for the future Jimmy.

Somebody said 17k a year rent after the initial outlay.

Back