D’Acqua

It’s not really, you aren’t really getting a lot for your money. You are getting the branding but everyone knows it’s changing hands. The biggest asset is Jimmy really as head chef. He did a great job of making everyone feel important and got it quite a loyal following but they’re mostly loyal to him. The branding isn’t going to keep this people coming back. The building is rented and not in a great location, I’m amazed they pulled it off in there. The next owners will struggle I reckon.

Won’t you be getting everything but the chef though ie all the equipment, furniture etc? If you are a good chef (personally I think jimmy was good by sunderland standards but it’s league 1 competition) I could see someone making a good go of it, it will come down to how good the food is at the end of the day. The restaurant is plug and play.

Won’t you be getting everything but the chef though ie all the equipment, furniture etc? If you are a good chef (personally I think jimmy was good by sunderland standards but it’s league 1 competition) I could see someone making a good go of it, it will come down to how good the food is at the end of the day. The restaurant is plug and play.
Aye I suppose so. I don’t know enough about the business to know how much that’s worth tbh but I imagine there are other sites where you’d get the same. I just know everyone I know who raves about it also seems to know jimmy or hannah. It’s the only restaurant I know where people get quite fiercely defensive of it and refer to the owners on first name terms. I think that you lose them you lose the custom almost overnight

Aye I suppose so. I don’t know enough about the business to know how much that’s worth tbh but I imagine there are other sites where you’d get the same. I just know everyone I know who raves about it also seems to know jimmy or hannah. It’s the only restaurant I know where people get quite fiercely defensive of it and refer to the owners on first name terms. I think that you lose them you lose the custom almost overnight
That’s a good point. We often refer to it as Jimmy’s. That’s a good thing though in my eyes, means they take time to talk to their customers.

By the same token gesture, any new incumbents will already be on the receiving end of judgement before they’ve even served a meal.

That’s a good point. We often refer to it as Jimmy’s. That’s a good thing though in my eyes, means they take time to talk to their customers.
To be honest its a bit of a trek from mine to go there but we still went quite regular due to the friendliness of the staff, his lass in particular, they seem a genuinely friendly bunch.

Been a few times and never once spoke to anyone in anything other than a formal capacity.

Pretend to be people’s mates and keep them coming back.

Although they do seem like nice people.

The details of their finances are on companies house so no need for speculation on here really - whatever their reasons for selling up I will really miss the restaurant , we have had some really special family celebrations there and jimmy and Hannah always went above and beyond to accommodate. Such a large drop in value can’t have been an easy decision to make - I hope that someone snaps it up and makes a go of it

The details of their finances are on companies house so no need for speculation on here really - whatever their reasons for selling up I will really miss the restaurant , we have had some really special family celebrations there and jimmy and Hannah always went above and beyond to accommodate. Such a large drop in value can’t have been an easy decision to make - I hope that someone snaps it up and makes a go of it
It’s no longer a level playing field unfortunately. I too hope someone sees the value in it.

His second in command should take it over, the lass, can’t remember her name.

Back