Cyclists who don't honk or bell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And there is the issue.

We have infrastructure for cars, lorries and buses. We have infrastructure for pedestrians. We have little or no infrastructure for cyclist, who are a peril on the footpath and in peril on the road.

Its when there is a cycle path yet the f***ing arse holes still ride on the road that it gets just a bit annoying. There's a road where I live in blyth where this happens all the time.

Can we have a thread about people walking their dogs using extendable leads? You know, where they have the whole cycle path cordoned off with a wire 2ft off the ground.
In a 45 min ride yesterday I was almost taken out by a dog on an extendable, I was on the road and sliced up by a lady who was desperate to get to the width restriction bollards 5m ahead in front of me. That was a f***ing close one. Oh and someone overtook me then turned across me within the space of 10m.

But yes, I'm the f***ing nobhead in this case.

I am a pedestrian , dog walker, cyclist and a car driver. I try and consider others at all times and act accordingly while doing any of those activities and I hope that I succeed in doing so.

I will say however there are some people who regardless of whether they be pedestrians, dog walkers cyclist or car drivers who are simply thoughtless wankers. Indeed the particular activity that these people are engaged in at the time seems to be irrelevant to their selfishness and general disregard for other people. You can meet them anywhere at any time doing almost anything. Sometimes I have even met them at football matches but I don't blame all football fans for their behavior.

Cyclists on the Derwent Walk are mixed tbh,I'll make a point of keeping the dog under control or running to the left.

It's the tossers riding at speed,or side by side thinking they own the place that does my tits in.

Can we have a thread about people walking their dogs using extendable leads? You know, where they have the whole cycle path cordoned off with a wire 2ft off the ground.
What I often see with those (and people without a lead come to think of it), is the dog is by the side of the path, the owner in the middle. You ring your bell and 9 times out of 10 the owner moves to the other side of the path to the dog and starts calling or tugging on the lead. Now there is a wire across the path or you have opened up a space and are encouraging your dog to run through it as a cyclist approaches. Not many move to the same side as their dog, which is just silly.

I often feel a bit guilty when using my bell. You ring to warn someone you are passing and they immediately jump off the path. I have seen runners dive into nettles. The path is wide enough, just be aware I’m there.

Cyclists can't win while sharing tracks with walkers and dog walkers. MrsR rings her bell everytime. I do it when there is no gap for me to get through safely. But some walkers hear the bell and take it as a "get out of my way" from the cyclist, which it isn't. The more normal walkers hear the bell for what it is, which is "I'm just behind you, coming through". Plenty of walkers, runners and dog walkers are wearing headphones and are oblivious to your bell ring. Also, the reactions to a bell ring range from complete shock to no reaction at all. Some can be funny. Lots of times with two walkers, when i ring my bell, the one on the right will walk to the left, and the left will walk to the right.

So, on the way to Asda Boldon (Abington way?) there is a path that is split in two by a white line.
On one side is a painted picture of a man walking (pedestrian) on the other is a painted picture of a bike(Lycra clad wanker).
How is is so f***ing difficult to work out what side of the path to be on?
Three times in the last month Ive nearly been hit by some twat who believes he`s doing the Tour de twattin France in twattin Boldon on the wrong side of the twattin path!!!.
Wankers

Had this on multiple times Friday when driving from Morpeth to Kirkley on small twisty country roads. Extremely dangerous for cars having to overtake them.

It isn't, it's actually safer if the motorists passes safely. Which is why it's advised to ride 2 abreast in a group in the highway code. (providing it isn't extremely busy or a very narrow road)

So, on the way to Asda Boldon (Abington way?) there is a path that is split in two by a white line.
On one side is a painted picture of a man walking (pedestrian) on the other is a painted picture of a bike(Lycra clad wanker).
How is is so f***ing difficult to work out what side of the path to be on?
Three times in the last month Ive nearly been hit by some twat who believes he`s doing the Tour de twattin France in twattin Boldon on the wrong side of the twattin path!!!.
Wankers

The amount of times pedestrians use the cycle side of the path far outweighs the opposite.

Its when there is a cycle path yet the f***ing arse holes still ride on the road that it gets just a bit annoying. There's a road where I live in blyth where this happens all the time.

Close by me there are cycle paths........that are used as a car park by the local garage and the people going to the gym. Only once have I seen a car get a parking ticket there.

Had this on multiple times Friday when driving from Morpeth to Kirkley on small twisty country roads. Extremely dangerous for cars having to overtake them.
Just consider for a moment if they were in single file and you overtook them and a car came the other way on small twisty country road, which way would you swerve? Towards the oncoming car or towards the cyclists. Now consider why they ride two abreast so you only overtake when it’s safe to do it

Just consider for a moment if they were in single file and you overtook them and a car came the other way on small twisty country road, which way would you swerve? Towards the oncoming car or towards the cyclists. Now consider why they ride two abreast so you only overtake when it’s safe to do it
The road wasn’t wide enough for them to ride two abreast, also on corners they should go in single file. They weren’t and were endangering themselves.

The road wasn’t wide enough for them to ride two abreast, also on corners they should go in single file. They weren’t and were endangering themselves.

It's so idiots aren't tempted to take a risk and try to overtake when it's not on. Cyclists are more likely to get killed by a car swerving about trying to get out of the way of another car coming at them.

It's so idiots aren't tempted to take a risk and try to overtake when it's not on. Cyclists are more likely to get killed by a car swerving about trying to get out of the way of another car coming at them.
If they want to be hit by oncoming traffic going 2 a breast round a corner, then be my guest.

You could drive a car down but not 2 cyclists riding side by side? I think you need to stop hammering the keys a second and rethink the scenario. If it’s not wide enough for 2 cars to comfortably pass then neither should a car be attempting to pass a cyclist. Them riding side by side should make you stop and think, then wait for a safe passing point. It’s in everyone’s best interests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back