Cyclingmikey.

That you think that driving on the wrong side of the road on a crossing is minor might make people think otherwise.
But it is a minor offence hence why it is dealt with by means of FPN.

Oh and it is failing to comply with a directional arrow and that section is not a crossing either. HTH

Seems like a bellend...filming other bellends.

I have to say that my motor probably has one of the best in car systems and even using hands free (even voice activated) is a distraction when drivers should be driving.
This about sums it up - the internet is full of self-righteous pricks who are claiming to be doing 'good work' and protecting us all........but mostly they are out for themselves and trying to get f***ing "likes" ......the world we live in eh? :rolleyes:

But it is a minor offence hence why it is dealt with by means of FPN.

Oh and it is failing to comply with a directional arrow and that section is not a crossing either. HTH
Yes it is a crossing, uncontrolled - yes but it's still a crossing. If you don't think that driving on the wrong side of the road is dangerous in such a situation then so be it. Although I think a fair few will disagree with you.

Yes it is a crossing, uncontrolled - yes but it's still a crossing. If you don't think that driving on the wrong side of the road is dangerous in such a situation then so be it. Although I think a fair few will disagree with you.
You seem to do very well at reading a post and then making up an entirely different conclusion to what has been said.

I haven't said driving on the wrong side isn't dangerous, but it can also be safe too. It it is classed as a minor traffic offence in this instance hence it is resolved in using one of the lowest forms of enforcement (which you will be glad to know the driver in this scenario accepted)

It isn't a crossing it is a pedestrian refuge island which is intended to protect pedestrians in the centre of the road. There is no requirement for vehicles to stop and let pedestrians cross due to the lack of signage, road markings or traffic lights required for Zebra, Pelican, Puffin, Toucan, Pegasus etc

Last edited:
It was not just the driver of the car in the wrong he was blocking though. Look at all the cars who had to mount the pavement to get around the blocked junction. Those who had waited blocked a busy intersection and probably had traffic backing up. Yes, the other car could have remedied his actions, but him standing in the road refusing to move is causing an obstruction of a public highway. He deliberately blocked cars exiting the junction
The majority of the drivers mounting the kerb to pass then have a go at the driver of the car, it’s rare they say anything to the bloke blocking the road

You seem to do very well at reading a post and then making up an entirely different conclusion to what has been said.

I haven't said driving on the wrong side isn't dangerous, but it can also be safe too. It it is classed as a minor traffic offence in this instance hence it is resolved in using one of the lowest forms of enforcement (which you will be glad to know the driver in this scenario accepted)

It isn't a crossing it is a pedestrian refuge island which is intended to protect pedestrians in the centre of the road. There is no requirement for vehicles to stop and let pedestrians cross due to the lack of signage, road markings or traffic lights required for Zebra, Pelican, Puffin, Toucan, Pegasus etc
He went to court and was fined. Also thanks for describing what an uncontrolled crossing is😁

There are too many self centered idiots who don't give a toss about anyone else. Many cars have had Bluetooth built in for several years and it only takes a few seconds to connect so why they are using a phone in their hands is beyond belief. And if they decide it it is safe to drive on the wrong side of the road to save themselves some time when they have no idea if anyone is coming round the corner just proves their selfishness and stupidity.

He can come across a bit self righteous but if they weren't being dangerous he wouldn't need to be...
I see a lot of people using there phones while driving. The majority are not using the "telephone" though, most are surfing or using social media!!

Because he was up for dangerous driving which can't be dealt with any other way. If only the first offence would be ticket in post
He went to the magistrate's court for driving on the wrong side of the road. He then later went to the crown court for his dangerous driving charge.

This is f***ing mental. I saw a woman doing it outside the Hospital on Hylton Road the other day in a big white Audi too.

These people really need shooting. Arseholes.

They’ll cry mental health or some shit if they knock someone over and kill them.

Back