Cyclingmikey.

While that is true, it feels like an area where common sense must be applied. If someone is sat in stationary traffic out of gear and the hand break on doing something on their phone then there is zero risk to anyone. There are legitimate uses for that. Checking the likes of Google maps which shows where is busy, where an accident might be and give drivers options to avoid. Occasionally if stopped and safe, I might send a message back to work warning people to go the other way and not add to the congestion problem. I would never try to do something on my phone while driving. Being honest I'm a bit crap with my phone and if walking will normally step to the side of the path and stand still to use it!

If a car has built-in sat nav, it is legal to change that when stopped (I believe) but currently not if it is being done via a phone with a dash mount. Same operation and for those cars with embedded Android it is exactly the same system, only one is glued into the dash.

I would imagine a police officer might try to pull someone in driving dangerously while operating a phone but would walk past someone stopped using a phone.

Cars that have the auto-stop-start while stationary also muddy the water on this law.
Agree on all that, but until the law changes we toe the line.

While that is true, it feels like an area where common sense must be applied. If someone is sat in stationary traffic out of gear and the hand break on doing something on their phone then there is zero risk to anyone. There are legitimate uses for that. Checking the likes of Google maps which shows where is busy, where an accident might be and give drivers options to avoid. Occasionally if stopped and safe, I might send a message back to work warning people to go the other way and not add to the congestion problem. I would never try to do something on my phone while driving. Being honest I'm a bit crap with my phone and if walking will normally step to the side of the path and stand still to use it!

If a car has built-in sat nav, it is legal to change that when stopped (I believe) but currently not if it is being done via a phone with a dash mount. Same operation and for those cars with embedded Android it is exactly the same system, only one is glued into the dash.

I would imagine a police officer might try to pull someone in driving dangerously while operating a phone but would walk past someone stopped using a phone.

Cars that have the auto-stop-start while stationary also muddy the water on this law.

The law states
After the recent update to the law, it’s illegal to hold and use a phone, sat nav, tablet, or any handheld device that can send or receive data, while driving or riding a motorcycle.

For UK drivers, this means that they cannot use a device in your hand for any reason.

The law still applies if a driver is stopped at traffic lights, queuing in traffic, supervising a learner driver, or using a car that has a start/stop engine when you're not moving.

Drivers must never use a handheld device when behind the wheel, even if it is offline or in flight mode.

The law states
After the recent update to the law, it’s illegal to hold and use a phone, sat nav, tablet, or any handheld device that can send or receive data, while driving or riding a motorcycle.

For UK drivers, this means that they cannot use a device in your hand for any reason.

The law still applies if a driver is stopped at traffic lights, queuing in traffic, supervising a learner driver, or using a car that has a start/stop engine when you're not moving.

Drivers must never use a handheld device when behind the wheel, even if it is offline or in flight mode.
I suppose anal dildo's are out then :(

Was class, he was mentally unstable, calling micky a grass then calling the police......
It’s weird to see the reaction of people who know they are in the wrong getting held accountable by a member of the public. Tbh I reckon quite a lot of people would be the same (not to that blokes extent like). When the police give you a ticket for something after being pulled over, I imagine most people drive away having a rant to themselves because they chose not to say it to the officers.

It’s weird to see the reaction of people who know they are in the wrong getting held accountable by a member of the public. Tbh I reckon quite a lot of people would be the same (not to that blokes extent like). When the police give you a ticket for something after being pulled over, I imagine most people drive away having a rant to themselves because they chose not to say it to the officers.
I agree, I felt the taxi driver had other things going on in his life and this was the final straw for him. I actually felt sorry for him.

This is f***ing mental. I saw a woman doing it outside the Hospital on Hylton Road the other day in a big white Audi too.

These people really need shooting. Arseholes.

They’ll cry mental health or some shit if they knock someone over and kill them.
he's either got the reactions of usain bolt or he's gone through a red light at 2.30ish.
i do know the reasons why he's doing what he does and the story behind it but he doesn't half come across as a prick.

Maybe you would feel differently if your wife, husband, son, daughter was killed by someone texting while driving. Maybe?

He would. From someone who has to deal with this day in day out. Also imagine if that person responsible was on one of these videos or someones dashcam and no one did anything about it. Change their tune then

Back