Craft Beer

I’m staying in Sunderland for the weekend, if I want to pick up some cans tomorrow where is the best option? I’ll have young kids in tow so needs to be easy to get to.

I’m staying in Sunderland for the weekend, if I want to pick up some cans tomorrow where is the best option? I’ll have young kids in tow so needs to be easy to get to.
Blues or Little Shop is your best bet locally. If you're prepared to travel to Jesmond then Rehills is cracking.

Blues or Little Shop is your best bet locally. If you're prepared to travel to Jesmond then Rehills is cracking.
The Little Shop has a good selection, opposite the Empire, Port Bierhaus not as big, but you’ll get what you want in there, just opposite Joplings, but you’ll have to park up & pay.

Only choice is Blues mate. Go for a nice drive along the coast, Whitburn Village, park just off the main road, 10 seconds away. If you’ve got the kids, you can always take them into the ice cream parlour a few doors down. It’s criminal I haven’t been in since the upstairs opened, but they’ve got cask on now.

Blues in Whitburn. Torque got a decent selection in, and Oceans have got a load of Full Circle, Vaux and Northern Pier in (latter two on Sea Rd).

Two offerings from Full Circle in Oceans that I've not had before.

Blues in Whitburn. Torque got a decent selection in, and Oceans have got a load of Full Circle, Vaux and Northern Pier in (latter two on Sea Rd).

Two offerings from Full Circle in Oceans that I've not had before.
Torque wasn’t very good when I was in like. Granted, it was in proper full on lockdown, so they might not have been well stocked bearing in mind they’re a multi-functional business, but they only had Sussex Small Batch stouts. They were canny, but that was my only stout choice.

I’d say support Oceans, but knowing Mick like we do, I reckon he’ll want a decent range to go at.

Torque wasn’t very good when I was in like. Granted, it was in proper full on lockdown, so they might not have been well stocked bearing in mind they’re a multi-functional business, but they only had Sussex Small Batch stouts. They were canny, but that was my only stout choice.

I’d say support Oceans, but knowing Mick like we do, I reckon he’ll want a decent range to go at.
Definitely due to lockdown. Is that the only time you've visited? Usually got loads more than that in. Yeah, don't get me wrong, Blues is best of them.

Last edited:
Definitely due to lockdown. Is that the only time you've visited? Usually got loads more than that in. Yeah, don't get me wrong, Blues is best of them.
Aye, only once. It’ll have been Crimbo time. It never enters my head to go any other time.
One for @Longy

Wouldn’t expect much change out of twenty quid :)

Edit: it’s not a stout. That’ll teach me not to read the label properly
I haven’t been a massive fan of BA stuff. Not a natural whiskey or rum drinker. However I wouldn’t avoid them on purpose.
You lads doing any Zoom tastings soon?

We should do an SMB one

Last edited:
You lads doing any Zoom tastings soon?

We should do an SMB one
Haven’t got any lined up, we done the last one outside which will probably be the plan for the next one as well. I could set up an SMB online one if there is interest tho, would be canny.

Went to Blues earlier, canny selection. Could have murdered a pint while I was there but had to pick one of the kids up from a party.

Didn't make it to Vaux yesterday, had some cracking beers in the Isis, then some shit ones in Chaplins

Vaux taproom sell cans, bottles and takeaways I think

Little Shop is closed for a refurb by the way.

Last edited:
Haven’t got any lined up, we done the last one outside which will probably be the plan for the next one as well. I could set up an SMB online one if there is interest tho, would be canny.

Went to Blues earlier, canny selection. Could have murdered a pint while I was there but had to pick one of the kids up from a party.
If we can all agree a date, it’d be spot on. How many would you need to make it worthwhile?

UKCBF has imploded. :lol:
Only dip in now and then. The admin posted some shite? I seen Hopknocker Ben is lining up to take over.

Like fuck I’d want to admin a Facebook group like.
Only dip in now and then. The admin posted some shite? I seen Hopknocker Ben is lining up to take over.

Like fuck I’d want to admin a Facebook group like.

Found the thread that’s caused the controversy. Wow. Blokes a f***ing bellend isn’t he

Last edited:

Back