Craft Beer

Well, that’s what she said, “I’d only buy you ones you don’t like or have had before & you’ll moan”. I’d still be interested in what she picked up like. She knows I like stout.

My missus would just look at the prices and have a heart attack. Her brain can't cope with what I spend on beer, clothes, most things really 😂

Decent view? Many tellies? Might be there next week. Need to persuade my mates though...

One git big telly on the wall. Decent view wherever you are.
Ordered a few of those bloody Mary style lagers from Northern Monk.

Which tap room?

Vauxies 😂

Turns out the taproom manager is Ethan who worked in the Ivy House. Proper decent lad. They're getting some impressivr heavy hitters in for the weekend. Get this - @Longy FCBC Mighty Squeaker, and the FCBC alpha delta TIPA collab 😳

Last edited:
opened up for the England game, was talking to Ethan on his last shift in the Ivy, told me to keep an eye on the booking page. Think they're open for the group game, dunno like - what time is England's next game

5pm Tuesday. Mates aren't into taprooms, mostly lager drinkers and a cider drinker, think I'll get voted down. We've done big games in Chaplins for years but the beer was manky on Friday, I ended up on gin, so not going back.

What's the upstairs big screen like in the isis? Tellies downstairs are too small...

One git big telly on the wall. Decent view wherever you are.

Vauxies 😂

Turns out the taproom manager is Ethan who worked in the Ivy House. Proper decent lad. They're getting some impressivr heavy hitters in for the weekend. Get this - @Longy FCBC Mighty Squeaker, and the FCBC alpha delta TIPA collab 😳
I’m away camping this weekend but got a squeaker can last week.
5pm Tuesday. Mates aren't into taprooms, mostly lager drinkers and a cider drinker, think I'll get voted down. We've done big games in Chaplins for years but the beer was manky on Friday, I ended up on gin, so not going back.

What's the upstairs big screen like in the isis? Tellies downstairs are too small...
Not good for Chaplins like. They’ve always been a safe bet

I’m away camping this weekend but got a squeaker can last week.

Not good for Chaplins like. They’ve always been a safe bet

I've always found chaplins ok, but not great in terms of quality. Had the Darwin Galapagos stout and it was ok, but that's all, and sure I've had it ages ago, pre untappd, and enjoyed it. The other two I had were bang average as well.

Is Torque open through the week @dangermows? I'm heading through shortly to have a look around the coast and a pop into a few places in town.

I was in Vaux on Saturday. Have to admit I was an absolute clip by the end. :oops: Lads behind the bar were spot on though and put up with us being a bit too merry for the last hour or so, friendly staff make a big difference to an experience imo.

Great variety of beers on tap and mostly all good. I was looking forward to trying the Hazy Shade of Sabro more than any other beer but unfortunately it had been oxidised and poured a minging brown colour. They've offered me a free beer as an apology so that was nice of them. I'll have to try it fresh at some point.

Is Torque open through the week @dangermows? I'm heading through shortly to have a look around the coast and a pop into a few places in town.

I was in Vaux on Saturday. Have to admit I was an absolute clip by the end. :oops: Lads behind the bar were spot on though and put up with us being a bit too merry for the last hour or so, friendly staff make a big difference to an experience imo.

Great variety of beers on tap and mostly all good. I was looking forward to trying the Hazy Shade of Sabro more than any other beer but unfortunately it had been oxidised and poured a minging brown colour. They've offered me a free beer as an apology so that was nice of them. I'll have to try it fresh at some point.
It is mate.

Sounds like a good time was had by all there :lol:
Edit. Might head over that way for one after I've supped up. Been enjoying a hair of the dog. Just under 4% but very tasty. Eased myself back on after last night :lol:

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:

Back