Couples who don’t have kids.

Never had them. Never wanted them. I'm 57 and have lived and worked all over (mainly) Europe and beyond.

Had I had kids, I couldn't have done any of that. Call me selfish but I don't think I've missed out on anything and have lived a very fulfilling life, (in my opinion).

I met my current (and last) wife eight years ago (nar) and she has two daughters, (definitely nar). We waited for them both to leave home the moved abroad permanently.

I like to think that I've lived the best of lives and have only had three arguments, (that I can think of), with wives and partners over the last 30 years. I look at friends who have gone down the family route and, whilst that is their prerogative, they seem to fight constantly over kids, money and all that comes with it.

I love my stepdaughters but I'm glad that they were both fairly independent by the time I met them.

Each to their own, I guess.
Aye I can remember you were with that lass that used to post on here. Seen her not long ago now going with someone her age and has kids. Are you still running a karaoke night in Benidorm?

Is a holiday “material shite” I wonder?

I dont have kids but surely it’s one of the things couples who raise theirs to an age when they leave home enjoy doing?
Dinnar. I've had holidays before and with the bairns. I guess Im just an indulgent through n through.
Aye I can remember you were with that lass that used to post on here. Seen her not long ago now going with someone her age and has kids. Are you still running a karaoke night in Benidorm?
Ah so he's not with the one who posted on here.
Naaaah, we split up about eight years ago, (though we had a diary full of gigs and continued to work together for another eight months), and I met my wife a week or two later.
It was a bit awkward, travelling all over the country with your ex with your current sat at home, but we got there. :lol:
:lol: I bet. Was there the odd night of hide the sausage still in the initial after period?

Last edited:
There is some staggering generalising going on from couples without children like. As bad as any generalising I did suggesting much of their reasoning boils down the lust to indulge (which has proved correct in most cases).

Spotted countless posts on here that have basically said if you have kids you can’t have nice things, you can’t go anywhere, you can’t get a cheap holiday abroad, you argue more, your life is shit blah blah :lol:

Really skewed to think that. Comes across quite bitter and sneering tbh.
You have got a lot of stick for the thread but some of the replies have kind of proved your point 😂.never heard so much shite in all my life, the environment,if you have kids you can't do anything, don't want to get up during the night to change a nappy but look after a f***ing animal. As I said I genuinely feel for couples who want but can't and also I feel for the kids that are born and the parents are useless

The more balanced posts on here seem to be folk with kids, who can appreciate both sides, the merits of both choices.

People without kids don't seem to acknowledge the magic that they are missing but are completely fixated on their freedom and how they'd hate anything to disrupt that. Or they'll mention freinds with kids and how they seem miserable. They seem very defensive about it.
100%. exactly what I was trying to say but without beint as confrontational.

You have got a lot of stick for the thread but some of the replies have kind of proved your point 😂.never heard so much shite in all my life, the environment,if you have kids you can't do anything, don't want to get up during the night to change a nappy but look after a f***ing animal. As I said I genuinely feel for couples who want but can't and also I feel for the kids that are born and the parents are useless
This 100%. Highlighted some massive contradictions. And as I alluded to in the first post, the thirst for indulging is strong by most. There is some kind of weird assumption that people with kids (aka the majority in real life but MINORITY on the SMB) are much worse off and are to be pity’d :lol:

Crackers.

I dont mean those poor souls who *want* kids but medically can’t have them. My heart genuinely goes out to these folks. But what’s the craic with couples who just never have kids?

Don’t get me wrong, generally I hate other peoples kids and my own drive me to distraction at times. They cause me loads of aggravation raising them in a generation where they are constantly being influenced by dickheads & act up accordingly.

That said I can’t really grasp why couples chose not to have kids, other than to indulge themselves for as long as possible in their lives? And not have to ‘share’ their love.

I get the distinct impression many of the SMB are either single or they are divorced or are in deeply unhappy marriages so it’ll be interesting to get peoples thoughts.

I’ve got zero interest in ferrying a kid around of a weekend to dance classes/football matches/other kids birthday parties when I could be going to gigs/away games.

There’s also nothing on this planet more boring than people thinking their kids count as a personality.

I’m sure my mates with kids are very happy but it’s not for me, never had a fancy for it.

Last edited:
I’ve got zero interest in ferrying a kid around of a weekend to dance classes/football matches/other kids birthday parties when I could be going to gigs/away games.

There’s also nothing on this planet more boring than people thinking their kids count as a personality.

I’m sure my mates with kids are very happy but it’s not for me, never had a fancy for it.
Reeking of bitterness and sneering. Grow up man.

Back