Couples who don’t have kids.

But, conversely, those who make a lifestyle choice” of not having kids also have more cash to spend…..which helps keep the economy going, and is therefore for “the greater good of society”. As ever, two ways of looking at things and both have validity.
We already pay for other peoples kids. I’ve never heard anyone moaning about it but what about lasses who can’t have kids. It’s heartbreaking for them. Imagine punishing them for not being able to reproDuce on top of that :lol:
What don’t you believe about one? If it is the carbon emissions claim:

Logon or register to see this image

No obviously i understand that it saves on carbon emissions but I think it’s a stat being used for convenience rather than actual reason. I don’t believe anyone would sacrifice having kids to cut down on their carbon footprint

Last edited:

Plenty of kids in care and poverty in this country who will just become life-long unemployed. I would rather they were helped to become police officers, teachers, engineers etc first before obligating people to have kids.

Also, around the world there are millions of kids in poverty, homeless, orphaned, in refugees camps etc. I would rather they were helped to become police officers, teachers, engineers etc in this country first before obligating people to have kids.

There are already too many kids in the world for the jobs and resources available. It’s a policy choice not to do enough to help those kids get the skills and qualifications needed to replenish society as you call it.
To be fair you sound bit bitter mate about couples with kids , or on a wind up

No obviously i understand that it saves on carbon emissions but I think it’s a stat being used for convenience rather than actual reason. I don’t believe anyone would sacrifice having kids to cut down on their carbon footprint

See the second link I posted.

It’s quite blinkered and ignorant of you to just dismiss people’s genuine concerns.

Your use of the word ‘sacrifice’ is telling. We don’t view it as a sacrifice not to have kids… we could flip the question and ask why people want to sacrifice the planet by having kids.

But I respect, and don’t dismiss, people’s choices and motivations.

We already pay for other peoples kids. I’ve never heard anyone moaning about it but what about lasses who can’t have kids. It’s heartbreaking for them. Imagine punishing them for not being able to reproDuce on top of that :lol:

Spot on about the point about those that cannot have kids. So they gave the heartbreak of not having kids, and the narrow-minded judgement of some in society. And then what - hit then with more taxation to pay for the very thing they want but cannot have through no fault of their own.

Or lads, of course, not all lads can have kids either. It isn't just a female issue.

Don’t forget the blight of SUVs clogging the roads every morning because people think tiny humans need to be driven in massive cars for a two mile trip to school.

I went on my bicycle the week I began school. Never been driven to classes. Mind, back then kids played outside most of the day even after dark and all year round. We were also perfectly fine to be on our own in the house from an early age, too. When I see some people post on places like FB it seems like kids today are wrapped in cotton twenty-four seven. I am aware that today is different to the 1970s and 80s but I reckon there is a risk of coming generations being a wee bit too precious when they become adults. The entitlement they will feel would do my head in.

But then again, more than once I have been told, even on here, that my opinion doesn't matter because I don't have kids of my own.

We don’t have kids and never will. Several reasons:

1) We think the Earth is already overpopulated and humans unsustainable. Not having kids is our biggest contribution to slowing carbon emissions and climate change.

2) Neither of us (and obviously initially her) want to have to stop work or take an income hit.

3) You hear families with decent household incomes say they are struggling financially because of the costs of kids. We don’t want the costs.

4) Time and lifestyle. With the pets we have, if we want to stay out late, or have a lie in, or go away for a few days last minute, we can. Spending 15 mins feeding etc our pets and more time doing our own cleaning etc is burdensome enough. Spending years having the whole of out life based on pandering to or cleaning up after a kid sounds horrific. As evident in the tired and ageing faces of our friends who have kids.
The username though :lol:

I went on my bicycle the week I began school. Never been driven to classes. Mind, back then kids played outside most of the day even after dark and all year round. We were also perfectly fine to be on our own in the house from an early age, too. When I see some people post on places like FB it seems like kids today are wrapped in cotton twenty-four seven. I am aware that today is different to the 1970s and 80s but I reckon there is a risk of coming generations being a wee bit too precious when they become adults. The entitlement they will feel would do my head in.

But then again, more than once I have been told, even on here, that my opinion doesn't matter because I don't have kids of my own.
I only read the first paragraph, but stopped because your opinion doesn't matter, as you have no kids of your own.

Correct. I’ve never heard such bollocks in all my life. He doesn’t seem to grasp there is a big wide world out there, with literally limitless things to do, see and enjoy.

And doing things differently to him is not necessarily “indulgent” at all - it is simply trying to enjoy the things life can offer. Afterall, what is wrong with that given all the day to day shite we have to put up with.
I love it how the masses of couples without children on here seem to think life can’t be enjoyed and you can’t experience new things if you have kids.

Really skewed mindset that.

Last edited:

Back