Couples who don’t have kids.

We'd be pretty buggered as a species if we didn't reproduce.
And pretty buggered if we continue to over reproduce.

The global population is still forecast to increase massively in the next 100 years, even if some countries are expecting a population decline.

There’s already more people in the world than the current global economy can employ, house or feed.

No need to worry about people not having kids just yet.

And pretty buggered if we continue to over reproduce.

The global population is still forecast to increase massively in the next 100 years, even if some countries are expecting a population decline.

There’s already more people in the world than the current global economy can employ, house or feed.

No need to worry about people not having kids just yet.

True but you don't want to end up like China and have a 1 child policy for decades. That ended up coming back to bite them with an aging workforce.
I've said it before on here and been shouted down. One family having a lot of kids is socially irresponsible.

True but you don't want to end up like China and have a 1 child policy for decades. That ended up coming back to bite them with an aging workforce.
I've said it before on here and been shouted down. One family having a lot of kids is socially irresponsible.
Good point re China, however there are hundreds of millions of kids with no prospects and unemployed young people around the world so global labour supply is more than enough to deal with the ageing workforce - it’s just a policy decision not to tap into it.
I love it how the masses of couples without children on here seem to think life can’t be enjoyed and you can’t experience new things if you have kids.

Really skewed mindset that.
It’s not skewed, just different preferences and priorities.

Some people enjoy having kids or look forward to doing so. That’s fine.

Other people don’t want to and want to enjoy other things. That’s also fine.

Neither are skewed mindsets.

Last edited:
Never had them. Never wanted them. I'm 57 and have lived and worked all over (mainly) Europe and beyond.

Had I had kids, I couldn't have done any of that. Call me selfish but I don't think I've missed out on anything and have lived a very fulfilling life, (in my opinion).

I met my current (and last) wife eight years ago (nar) and she has two daughters, (definitely nar). We waited for them both to leave home the moved abroad permanently.

I like to think that I've lived the best of lives and have only had three arguments, (that I can think of), with wives and partners over the last 30 years. I look at friends who have gone down the family route and, whilst that is their prerogative, they seem to fight constantly over kids, money and all that comes with it.

I love my stepdaughters but I'm glad that they were both fairly independent by the time I met them.

Each to their own, I guess.

Had to pressure the grand parents into having them so I could watch Glastonbury all day. Those without kids have no such issues.
Never had them. Never wanted them. I'm 57 and have lived and worked all over (mainly) Europe and beyond.

Had I had kids, I couldn't have done any of that. Call me selfish but I don't think I've missed out on anything and have lived a very fulfilling life, (in my opinion).

I met my current (and last) wife eight years ago (nar) and she has two daughters, (definitely nar). We waited for them both to leave home the moved abroad permanently.

I like to think that I've lived the best of lives and have only had three arguments, (that I can think of), with wives and partners over the last 30 years. I look at friends who have gone down the family route and, whilst that is their prerogative, they seem to fight constantly over kids, money and all that comes with it.

I love my stepdaughters but I'm glad that they were both fairly independent by the time I met them.

Each to their own, I guess.
Is your wife not the one who previously posted on here and you've already shared pics of?

Oh and yes, if you're saying kids would have stopped you living the life you have, you're selfish and indulgent according to the OP lol.

Last edited:
My wife had a friend who has sadly passed away, but herself and her husband didn't have any kids. But they spoilt our kids rotten. So much so, that one time they called without presents & my son asked them straight out why they don't have gifts. We told them there & then that the presents were to stop from there on.

The husband was a bit of a dipso. A week after we told them to stop bringing presents to the house, my wife met her friend for a coffee & her husband took my son off for a walk. 20 minutes later, they both come back & my son has a new toy worth about €30. My one made him take it back to the shop, while my son was absolutely hysterical. They didn't buy anymore presents without running it past us first.

Another time, they were in our house, my son came in from outside and had a little conversation with the husband. Completely out of the blue, he says to my son "Jesus Christ, I love ya, ya bastard". :lol:

Absolute f***ing headcase.

I would never judge anyone who chooses to have kids. Why would anyone judge us?
Fuck knows but they do. Until we had one it was constant questions as to when we would, had one, when are you having another? Oh you can't have an only child, can't???
She nearly died having the first one oh I sign me up for that shit again.
Whatever you do why can't people just be happy for you?
Good point re China, however there are hundreds of millions of kids with no prospects and unemployed young people around the world so global labour supply is more than enough to deal with the ageing workforce - it’s just a policy decision not to tap into it.
America have just signed themselves up for a social experiment into this I see. Everyone patted Guliani on the back for turning round new york but there is strong evidence it could be roe vs wade that was just as responsible for the drop in crime as people had fewer children they couldn't afford be very interesting to see the effects of this in fifteen years

Last edited:
There is some staggering generalising going on from couples without children like. As bad as any generalising I did suggesting much of their reasoning boils down the lust to indulge (which has proved correct in most cases).

Spotted countless posts on here that have basically said if you have kids you can’t have nice things, you can’t go anywhere, you can’t get a cheap holiday abroad, you argue more, your life is shit blah blah :lol:

Really skewed to think that. Comes across quite bitter and sneering tbh.

Is your wife not the one who previously posted on here and you've already shared pics of?

Oh and yes, if you're saying kids would have stopped you living the life you have, you're selfish and indulgent according to the OP lol.
Naaaah, we split up about eight years ago, (though we had a diary full of gigs and continued to work together for another eight months), and I met my wife a week or two later.
It was a bit awkward, travelling all over the country with your ex with your current sat at home, but we got there. :lol:
There is some staggering generalising going on from couples without children like. As bad as any generalising I did suggesting much of their reasoning boils down the lust to indulge (which has proved correct in most cases).

Spotted countless posts on here that have basically said if you have kids you can’t have nice things, you can’t go anywhere, you can’t get a cheap holiday abroad, you argue more, your life is shit blah blah :lol:

Really skewed to think that. Comes across quite bitter and sneering tbh.

:lol: :lol:

Yup, you can't believe how bitter I am, living in the sun and working a twelve hour week.

Anyway, I'm off for a swim, catch you later.

Last edited:
What happens at 35 which means you can't indulge and buy material shite?

Is a holiday “material shite” I wonder?

I dont have kids but surely it’s one of the things couples who raise theirs to an age when they leave home enjoy doing?

Naaaah, we split up about eight years ago, (though we had a diary full of gigs and continued to work together for another eight months), and I met my wife a week or two later.
It was a bit awkward, travelling all over the country with your ex with your current sat at home, but we got there. :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Yup, you can't believe how bitter I am, living in the sun and working a twelve hour week.

Good test of a relationship that 😂

Always fancied being a turn in the flesh pots of the costas. Maybe graft the cruises for a change every few seasons. Sounds like a nice lifestyle that. You’re not ‘the boy from nowhere’ are you ? Sean?

Imagine being 57 and needing to be boasting about your life to strangers on the internet :lol:

Considerably. Richer. Than Yow.

Imagine being 57 and needing to be boasting about your life to strangers on the internet :lol:

Considerably. Richer. Than Yow.
It's not a boast, it's just how it is and how it isn't for most of the people I knaa with kids.
Good test of a relationship that 😂

Always fancied being a turn in the flesh pots of the costas. Maybe graft the cruises for a change every few seasons. Sounds like a nice lifestyle that. You’re not ‘the boy from nowhere’ are you ? Sean?
Naaaah, Shaun comes around to watch the match on a weekend sometimes, though.

It's a canny life, like.

Last edited:
It's not a boast, it's just how it is and how it isn't for most of the people I knaa with kids.

Naaaah, Shaun comes around to watch the match on a weekend sometimes, though.

It's a canny life, like.
No shit 😎

He’s canny, seen him a couple of times. Easy listening. Ladies seem to like him.

Enjoy pal, good luck to you 👍

It's a canny life, like.
Mad how much time these childless couples have, to spend half their lives on here chatting and boasting to strangers about how great their life is….
Not sure the OP understands bitter and sneering and is just cobbling words together to try to get a rise :(
Hi @dangermows :lol:
=

living in the sun and working a twelve hour week.

Last edited:
Like I said early on in this thread, It all comes down to time and money. Indulgence in experiences and enjoying freedom rather than the selfless, more challenging option of stepping up and raising a baby human.

The more balanced posts on here seem to be folk with kids, who can appreciate both sides, the merits of both choices. People without kids don't seem to acknowledge the magic that they are missing but are completely fixated on their freedom and how they'd hate anything to disrupt that. Or they'll mention freinds with kids and how they seem miserable. They seem very defensive about it. Just an observation.

Back