Couples who don’t have kids.

I can comment on the time and financial commitments needed when having kids…more than I have now. I have spent days/been on holiday with friends and family who have kids so seen how they need fed, entertained, the day being planned around sleep and feed times etc.

So no I cannot comment on all of it, but I know the basic changes to our lifestyle and the fact kids will consume time and money which we would rather use for other things.
Fairplay mate. And Yep time and money the key 💰💰💰, I called it early on in the thread.

What if we adopted four kids from an orphanage in a country facing a humanitarian disaster?

Given his use of the phrase “grow our own” in that article I suspect we would still have to pay the tax because the kid isn’t ‘British’.

Here’s a good thread on policies which would actually enable or encourage people to have kids.

Was out today with the family.Walked past a couple aged about 45 who were enjoying themselves with a few drinks.

Didnt look like the type to have kids.

Selfish fuckers.
It’s class mind being in your early to mid 40’s and your bairns are in their early to mid 20’s.

We’ve been kid free for nearly all of our 30’s onwards.

Column in today’s Times

Dystopian shit really but this bit tickled me

Some, including environmentalists such as Sir David Attenborough — who does not seem aware of the latest trends in global demography towards shrinking family sizes — will welcome the prospect of a falling population. But his fellow activists shouldn’t then complain if there are no binmen or women clearing their rubbish, no drivers delivering food to the supermarket and no doctors to look after sick relations. With labour shortages already a problem in this country, the population winter has only just begun.

Have bairns so they can aspire to pick up this daft Oxbridge twat’s rubbish and drop off the Ocado :lol:

Paul Morland in The Times suggesting we should introduce a tax on the childless. That would spice up the conversation should it creep into a party manifesto.

"Everyone should contribute to the cost of creating that next generation" is telling. The childless surely already "pay" for other peoples children through tax and NI? (Which is fine by the way)

Seems the proposal is more like a thinly veiled attempt to threaten people into having children.

Column in today’s Times

Dystopian shit really but this bit tickled me

Have bairns so they can aspire to pick up this daft Oxbridge twat’s rubbish and drop off the Ocado :lol:
Indeed. And again he ignores the fact their is plenty of young labour supply around the world we can use to fill these roles.

It is funny how the anti-immigrant brigade who moan that Britain is full are the same who moan people aren’t having enough kids.

Indeed. And again he ignores the fact their is plenty of young labour supply around the world we can use to fill these roles.

It is funny how the anti-immigrant brigade who moan that Britain is full are the same who moan people aren’t having enough kids.

I’m confused as to what Morland and the like want too

How many kids before the parents are labelled “scratters”, doing it for the benefits and leaching off the state, rather than noble patriots breeding a promising new generation of serviles? 6? 12?

I’m confused as to what Morland and the like want too

How many kids before the parents are labelled “scratters”, doing it for the benefits and leaching off the state, rather than noble patriots breeding a promising new generation of serviles? 6? 12?
I think what they want is women to out of the workplace and financially dependent on men, who then have power over women. The same as the anti-abortion lobby.

It’s pure misogyny

Back