County Watch

I’ve not being keeping an eye on Essex this season, but is Cook scoring for fun?

Mental how many wickets have fallen to spin at Trent Bridge on Ashwin's debut. :rolleyes:

Yup. Which is astonishing, given how bare we are on the ground batting wise!

Borthwick dropped down the order, too.

Ah. Scratch that - turns out Rocky has "family issues", hence why he's not playing @brandon

Fair enough mate. IIRC it isn’t the first time that’s happened so hopefully it’s nothing too serious.

Last edited:
Mental how many wickets have fallen to spin at Trent Bridge on Ashwin's debut. :rolleyes:

Fair enough mate. IIRC it isn’t the first time that’s happened so hopefully it’s nothing too serious.
He missed a couple of games last year under similar circumstances. Hopefully it's nothing!

Notts look doomed in Div1.:lol:

Aye, got to laugh at them like. Especially how they’ve become the top poacher of all the other counties.

Always quite liked them historically and adore Trent Bridge but I can’t help feeling them going down would be karma for their recent recruitment tactics.

Interesting to note though just how many wickets fell to spin this week at Trent Bridge - this could be their desperate attempt to stay up. Doctor Home wickets to suit Ashwin and look to win games that way.

Clearly didn’t work against Surrey though - which should see them safe.

Aye, got to laugh at them like. Especially how they’ve become the top poacher of all the other counties.

Always quite liked them historically and adore Trent Bridge but I can’t help feeling them going down would be karma for their recent recruitment tactics.

Interesting to note though just how many wickets fell to spin this week at Trent Bridge - this could be their desperate attempt to stay up. Doctor Home wickets to suit Ashwin and look to win games that way.

Clearly didn’t work against Surrey though - which should see them safe.
14/139 for an English lad is good though all the same.

Better figures than Rashid, Ali, Leach and Bess have ever managed.

Last edited:
The Division 2 table makes weird reading at the moment. Northants lie in a promotion place having won only 2 out of 10 games but they have only lost 2 and have 13 more batting points than us

Gloucs look set to pick up a maximum 24 against Leics today- the latter realistically being the only team who are out of the running.

Interesting days.

The Division 2 table makes weird reading at the moment. Northants lie in a promotion place having won only 2 out of 10 games but they have only lost 2 and have 13 more batting points than us

Gloucs look set to pick up a maximum 24 against Leics today- the latter realistically being the only team who are out of the running.

Interesting days.
Only picked up 3 batting points so would be 22.

Lets hope Leicestershire bat out to a draw :lol:

Mental goings on at Cheltenham, Leicestershire seemed destined to deal a draw, only for a complete capitulation from 6 down.

Then Gloucestershire needing 48 to win from 8 overs (at a run a ball) secured it in the last over.

Mental goings on at Cheltenham, Leicestershire seemed destined to deal a draw, only for a complete capitulation from 6 down.

Then Gloucestershire needing 48 to win from 8 overs (at a run a ball) secured it in the last over.

Let's hope Leics continue that sort of form when they visit us in a months time.

Glos above us now .Two wins out of two when it should have just been one draw out of two as Leics collapsed and Worcs collapsed from a good winning position
Fair play to Glos though for keeping at it.
My treacherous match mate will be happy though he is a Glosc country/ exile member and goes down to the Cheltenham cricket festival for all the games.
When I see him at the next Durham match I will tell him he shouldn’t be siding with Durham’s rivals

Back