County Watch

Poor reply really. You get some top bowlers in Division 2 cricket what you don't get as any where near as strong a collective attack playing against you every week. Anderson, TRJ, Wood, Archer will miss far more games than they play I would imagine.Then you always have a nice couple of games against Glamorgan to boost your average as Bell did last year.
Sorry for the poor reply ! I forgot to add Chris Rushworth, Tim Murtagh, James Harris, Chris Jordan, Ollie Robinson, Moeen Ali, Matt Parkinson, Danny Briggs etc, etc.

Sorry for the poor reply ! I forgot to add Chris Rushworth, Tim Murtagh, James Harris, Chris Jordan, Ollie Robinson, Moeen Ali, Matt Parkinson, Danny Briggs etc, etc.

Same argument :lol: more moderate second division bowlers with the odd test player who will only play the odd game chipped in

Let's round this off with a bit of fun.
Pick an Ashes attack better than this Div 2 line up ??
Anderson, Wood, Archer, Stokes and Ali.

Let's round this off with a bit of fun.
Pick an Ashes attack better than this Div 2 line up ??
Anderson, Wood, Archer, Stokes and Ali.

Harris, Murtagh, Ollie Robinson and Danny Briggs?

or

Critchley, Raine, Van Beek and Higgins?

or

Taylor, Tongue, Wagg, Van der Gugten?

Probably yours on balance ;)

Paul Allott got it right after all then

He would make a big difference to England long term. I think it would be a mistake putting him in an Ashes series mind. I think he's a bit fragile and could just do with scoring massive with Lancs this year and take it from there.

Same

Unless he is scoring a 100 every game or someit, needs some time just playing cricket, no rush

Smith will try get him in though I reckon

Lots of 100s getting scored so far, sense batsman know there are ashes spots up for grabs

Last edited:
Leach took 6 fer 36 in the final innings to beat Notts at TB. So life doesn't have to be a beach for him it seems.

Should be in and around the England squad.

Leach took 6 fer 36 in the final innings to beat Notts at TB. So life doesn't have to be a beach for him it seems.

Should be in and around the England squad.

Best spinner in England like but Mo at 8 in England works really well, no need to change, Leach will play plenty for England hopefully

Need to stop picking players like Rashid and Dawson as they can bat a bit, both nowhere near test quality

Best spinner in England like but Mo at 8 in England works really well, no need to change, Leach will play plenty for England hopefully

Need to stop picking players like Rashid and Dawson as they can bat a bit, both nowhere near test quality
Yea. That's why I said 'the squad'. They always need to consider him as an option - on a turning pitch and when the want a left arm option, but Moeen is the first spinning choice and deservedly so.

We have 3 very good spinners in Moeen, Leach and Rashid and appear to be set for no worries in that department for at least 5 years. With half of all away tests needing 3 spinners, its a good place to be in. I'm not against playing Leach or Rashid alongside Moeen in home tests either. Now if we could find 2 openers...!

Back