County Watch

Appears to be an absolute shirtfront at Canterbury :-O

Great fun for the batsman though.

I was at Sunday's 1st day of play.....had runs written all over it.

Pleasantly surprised how Kent are doing this season, really thought they'd struggle, particularly in the bowling department.

Good to see young Podmore in the wickets again, and Zak Crawley in the runs (2 Academy graduates).

Doing it the propper way and playing local kids, who've come up through the ranks....unlike Hampfrica;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great fun for the batsman though.

I was at Sunday's 1st day of play.....had runs written all over it.

Pleasantly surprised how Kent are doing this season, really thought they'd struggle, particularly in the bowling department.

Good to see young Podmore in the wickets again, and Zak Crawley in the runs (2 Academy graduates).

Doing it the propper way and playing local kids, who've come up through the ranks....unlike Hampfrica;)
Podmore was on Middlesex Academy and played/trialled at several counties before signing for Kent.
Had a short spell at Durham 4/5 years ago.

Do you pick him after 1 good year though?

Is he not just in form of his life

Its a balancing act, and I am not sure what the answer is

Roy has to be in the top 3 though
Jennings got 17 tests on the back of one good season, Sibley is an opener putting his hand up. Is Burns injured? Noticed he's not playing for Surrey. I'd definitely have Roy in the test team, he's shown he can play at the top level, might not have the technique for test cricket but definitely got the attitude. And we'll never know if we don't give him a game.

Jennings got 17 tests on the back of one good season, Sibley is an opener putting his hand up. Is Burns injured? Noticed he's not playing for Surrey. I'd definitely have Roy in the test team, he's shown he can play at the top level, might not have the technique for test cricket but definitely got the attitude. And we'll never know if we don't give him a game.

Yeah I was gonna mention Jennings

Kind of shows what I mean

Not saying don’t pick Sibley like, just lyth got picked off 1 good year too

Burns must be yeah, not convinced by him though

You’re right about Roy, he’s just a star, need to give him a good run

Denly got a 100

Northeast is the next best for me but probs at 4

Yeah I was gonna mention Jennings

Kind of shows what I mean

Not saying don’t pick Sibley like, just lyth got picked off 1 good year too

Burns must be yeah, not convinced by him though

You’re right about Roy, he’s just a star, need to give him a good run

Denly got a 100

Northeast is the next best for me but probs at 4
I know it's maybe not been that frequently but Sibley seems to have got a couple of big scores in his career, a lot of players don't score a double hundred and I know he's got at least two.

Yeah, Burns is injured. Missed a couple of games this year with his back, which is worrying

Back