County Cricket 2023

I guess the bowling points are still the same. It's too easy to get 3 points.

I would like to see up to 5 bowling points awarded but on the following basis -
1pt for taking 5 wickets
2pts for all 10 (this would also be given if the batting side close their innings 8 or 9 down due to batters retiring hurt).

There would also be 3 bonus points on offer -
Bowl the side out within 50 overs - 3 bonus points
Bowl out within 80 overs 2 pts
Bowl out within 110 overs 1 pt.

The problem with that would be you’d get a load of bowler friendly pitches and it wasn’t too long ago that ‘Team England’ we’re blaming them for their poor Test performances.

Yorkshire signed Mickey Edwards a 28 year old Aussie who has played a bit of 1st class cricket for NSW. He is a seam bowler on a 18 month contract.
Yorkshire at Scarborough looks interesting and Away CC fixtures are a bit more evenly spaced than in 2022 (no 106 day gap this time!). The home ones are a virtual carbon copy other than one less in July and one more at the end of September.

Wonder if we get to see a red ball bowled in Co Durham in the Second XI matches next year?🤔
2nd XI fixtures and venues out. Good news Durham playing 5 fixtures at the Riverside and a t20 double header at Ropery Lane. Also a game at South North.
Perhaps they have listened to the members.

Last edited:
I enjoyed the 2nds game at Jesmond a couple of years ago. V nice venue which brought back memories of the Callers Pegasus games all those years ago. Maybe a possibility?

If that was the game against Lancs 2nds I was there for two days and absolutely loved it. Glorious weather helped as well mind.

Cheers - I somehow missed those two on the list.:D
A four day game at the Racecourse in the
middle of June. @Twisted will be booking into The Dun Cow as we speak!

Peak music festival season that mind! Was looking at a possible week down kent to see the family coinciding with an americana festival featuring the likes of kurt vile and this is the kit. Id be very impressed if you've heard of either of them like 😅

Peak music festival season that mind! Was looking at a possible week down kent to see the family coinciding with an americana festival featuring the likes of kurt vile and this is the kit. Id be very impressed if you've heard of either of them like 😅

Kurt Vile was the resident cartoonist in the long gone Sounds weekly music newspaper in the late 70s/early 80s and I'd be even more impressed if you'd heard of that one!:lol:

Back